ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
An entertainment law firm which focuses on business & legal affairs matters and production legal work in connection with the development and production of unscripted/reality television and digital media programming is seeking an attorney to join its team in the new role of senior counsel.
Summary of Position:
An entertainment law firm is seeking a Senior Counsel to efficiently and effectively handle a large volume of deals and production legal work involving the development and production of unscripted/reality television and digital media programming in a fast paced environment for multiple clients including television production companies. This position will report to the Managing Partner. The firm is virtual and therefore you will be required to work from home/work remotely at all times.
You are strongly encouraged to apply if you:
1. Have at least approximately 4-8 years of experience in U.S. unscripted/reality television business & legal affairs and production legal with a production company, network, and/or entertainment law firm;
2. Have experience handling development and production business & legal affairs matters for television and digital media programming with minimal oversight and be ready, willing and able to handle a high volume of production legal work;
3. Knowledge in media law (including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, and employment law) and experience reviewing and legally clearing episodes of unscripted/reality television and digital media programming;
4. Have relationships within the television and digital media entertainment industry, including with networks, production companies, agencies, and law firms;
5. Have experience managing multiple priorities among multiple clients and/or internal stakeholders;
6. Have experience building out forms and pre-negotiated gives to maximize operational efficiency.
7. Solid working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel);
8. Have the demonstrated confidence and ability to make decisions;
9. Have a Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited law school and are an active member in good standing with the State Bar of California;
10. Are willing to put forth the effort and initiative necessary to help build and maintain an efficient work flow;
11. Are ready to hit the ground running;
12. Have great communication skills;
13. Have attention to detail and pride yourself on your level of efficiency and work product;
14. Have a sense of humor;
15. Are a self-starter and team player;
16. Have the legal right to work in the United States; and
17. Are based in Los Angeles, California and willing and able to work Los Angeles/Pacific Time hours and to be available for urgent production matters if/when needed outside of normal work hours.
The law firm considers all candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online