ConfidentialCentury City, CA
Full Time Job
Boutique entertainment law firm is looking for a senior associate to join the team. Candidates should have at least 2-3 years of experience at an entertainment law firm, studio, distribution company, agency, or production company, but the firm will also consider candidates who have at least 3 years of experience at a top tier corporate law firm looking to transition into the entertainment industry. The firm's clients include film and television studios, production companies, financiers, actors, producers, and executives.
• Draft and negotiate above and below-the-line agreements for film and television projects.
• Review and negotiate writer agreements, option purchase and other rights agreements, sales agent agreements, investment
agreements, and distribution agreements.
• Coordinate on productions with producers regarding day-to-day legal services being performed by the firm.
• Assist clients in resolving clearance and guild (SAG-AFTRA, DGA, WGA) related issues.
• Negotiate and draft non-disclosure agreements, service agreements, employment, and other ordinary course business contracts.
• Strong academic credentials from an ABA-accredited law school and California Bar admission.
• Minimum 2-3 years of film, television or digital development or production legal experience required.
• Analytical, problem- solving, interpersonal, negotiation, strategic thinking, and legal reasoning skills.
• Initiative to take on new tasks and responsibilities. Highly self-motivated, well organized with a strong work ethic.
• Strong project management, time management, and long-term planning skills.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Salary: Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online