Rights and Clearance Manager
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
We are looking for passionate people who want to change the world through the art of storytelling. People that are driven to disrupt the status quo and not just looking for another job. We are seeking a Clearance Manager to join our growing team!
What you'll be doing:
· Report to the Director of Rights and Clearances to assist in managing the overall workflow and operations of clearances in Tastemade's productions of Branded and Originals content.
· Liaise between Tastemade's Legal team and the Production team for clearance questions as they arise during Pre-production and all the way to Post Production.
· Be the R&C Department's point of contact for Production and assist Production Management in obtaining clearances during the Production phase when redlines are requested by the licensors and rights owners of materials, properties, and appearances. Follow up with all parties as needed until documents are fully executed.
· Manage the flow of production release documents with our Production staff on a per project basis to ensure all necessary legal documentation is on record in our file system.
· Continue to organize and maintain all our release folders and ensure file names are correct and correspond to the project as they come in from the field.
· Review video content during the Post Production phase to confirm and ensure all clearances were obtained. Provide clearance notes for picture changes and blurs when necessary; main objective here being to minimize any risk and liability for Tastemade.
· Escalate issues to Director of R&C, Legal, and upper level Production Management as necessary.
· Work closely with Post Production management to ensure that releases are uploaded to our video content library server as each video is uploaded to it upon approval and final delivery of assets.
· Build and manage clearance grids to track rights management and releases for long format documentary series.
· Negotiate most affordable deals and license stock footage and other 3rd party materials as needed.
· Be able to navigate the various personalities and adapt department specific lingo to maximize best communication between teams.
· Be the strong and flexible glue between the various teams and departments to ensure that established clearance guidelines and processes are upheld.
What you'll bring:
· 2-3 years minimum of Clearance Management experience at a film, tv, digital production company.
· Field Producing or Production Management experience is a plus.
· 5+ years overall in Clearance with extensive knowledge on rights management, licensing of stock footage and other 3rd materials, and liaising between various teams (especially Production Counsel/Legal).
· Basic knowledge of entertainment law as it relates to Rights and Clearances, IP, Copyright, Trademarks, and general rights management.
· College degree - majors in Philosophy, Law, English, or Film preferred.
· Grace under pressure.
· Pro at multitasking: prioritizing multiple requests in order of deadlines.
· Possess an innate sense of urgency.
· Tactful communication skills via email and in person.
· Pro-active thinker and doer.
· Solution oriented and positive attitude to find alternative and creative solutions when hitting obstacles.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online