Production Attorney, Television
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Prominent television production company is seeking an experienced entertainment television production attorney with a minimum 1 year of unscripted and/or scripted television production legal experience. Candidate must be self-motivated and capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, with meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
In this role candidate will handle the day to day legal functions for multiple unscripted productions. Candidate will be responsible for all legal matters related to production legal affairs including structuring, drafting and negotiating a wide range of production-related agreements, including location, talent, above-the-line, below-the-line and vendor agreements, and advising on clearance issues. Candidate will also analyze and interpret contracts and provide thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of legal areas, including intellectual property/copyright.
• Initiate, structure, negotiate and draft agreements
• Interface with production personnel, business/legal affairs and other company executives
• Ability to work under pressure and significant time constraints
• JD degree from top-tier law school
• Member of California State Bar
• Ability to deal effectively with a variety of legal matters at once
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Solid understanding and knowledge of production, copyright and other entertainment legal concepts (e.g., clearance, trademark, etc.)
• Proactive business oriented approach
The successful candidates will also possess the following:
• Passion for production
• Hands-on production experience
• Experience working with all levels of broadcasters and distributors
*Confidential Company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent in the body of the email.
Do not send as an attachment. Apply Online