Production Accountant, Finance Operations Manager
ConfidentialWest Hollywod, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Production Accountant, Finance Operations Manager jobs in West Hollywod-CA
Leading international Film & TV Completion Guarantee provider Media Guarantors is looking for a full-time Production Accounting and Finance Operations Manager, to be based in the firm's Los Angeles headquarters. Candidates should be highly motivated self-starters who see this position to gain increased visibility with senior management and external clients and expand their standing within the global film finance and production market.
A valued resource to internal team members and external partners and clients, the Production Accounting and Finance Operations Manager will be expected to assist in production and financial reporting, tracking, and monitoring of production cost reports, and an assortment of operational financing tasks. The candidate must possess exemplary written and verbal communication skills and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will work closely with the Media Guarantors leadership team including the Media Guarantors CEO Fred Milstein and will report directly to the Media Guarantors Head of Production, Scott Nicolaides.
The successful candidate's primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist with review of production cost reports across a broad spectrum of productions at one time.
- Review and process wire transfers in an extremely timely and accurate manner.
- Oversee production fund disbursements and escrow accounts.
- Review various production and accounting reports and ensure projects remain as per schedule and budget.
- Coordinate reporting and updates sent to various external parties including distributors, financiers, and producers.
Background Required Skills:
- 7-10 years' experience in the production accounting industry, with experience in feature films required.
- Strong familiarity with cost reports, hot costs, and production accounting and budgeting.
- Proficient in Movie Magic software and other industry standard accounting systems.
- Fluent in Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interface effectively with senior management and senior client-facing individuals.
- Highly productive and efficient, with an ability to multitask.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Possesses a ''can-do'' approach to a wide variety of responsibilities.
* Please note that candidates with TV accounting experience only will not be considered for the position. *
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package, dependent on experience
- Competitive benefits
- Inclusive, entrepreneurial environment?