Personal Assistant/Studio Manager
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Personal Assistant/Studio Manager
Hollywood Hills, CA
Successful film composer and platinum selling recording artist (hip-hop, electronic, rock, symphonic) seeks reliable and capable Personal Assistant to manage studio, home, and personal matters. The candidate must be highly organized and detail oriented, with a willingness to assist with a wide range of tasks. The candidate should be resourceful and able to proactively perform tasks without immediate supervision after initial training period.
The environment is creative, fun, and casual but efficiency and professionalism are pivotal to our success. A friendly and outgoing personality with the ability to maintain a professional demeanor is key, as this role will serve as the first point of contact for the studio, whether greeting directors for meetings or fielding calls from agents, publicists, new contacts etc.
We are a close-knit 4-person team of musicians that works as a cohesive unit. An interest in music and entertainment is highly valued, but a background in said or related fields is not required for this position.
Standard benefits like healthcare and paid sick leave are provided, and there may be perks such as covered travel for overseas scoring sessions and concerts. The job is full time, 9 AM - 6 PM, but flexibility is expected for occasional extended hours to support with film/live show deadlines, after hours meetings, granting access to vendors, etc. but any hours worked beyond the standard 8/day will be compensated with overtime pay.
- High School diploma or GED required
- College degree (Associate's, Bachelor's) highly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; attention to detail and accuracy with spelling and grammar
- Fluency in a Mac/OSX environment (Calendar, Mail, File Sharing, etc.)
- Basic knowledge in creating and maintaining spreadsheets (Google Sheets, Excel)
- Ability to navigate and use various social media and web media platforms (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Time management; ability to prioritize tasks and effectively coordinate actions with internal team, vendors/contractors, and external contacts
- Valid Driver's License required
Preferred Skills/Qualifications (Not Required):
- Knowledge of website building platforms (Wix) and team management platforms (Asana)
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and Final Cut Pro
- Basic property/house management experience
- Videography skills: knowledge of prime/zoom lenses, familiarity with settings and ability to operate mirrorless camera with various lenses for filming BTS footage, backup footage of performances, etc.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Tightly managing the composer's professional and personal schedules and maintaining a constantly up-to-date calendar
- Film and various project deadlines, business meetings, interviews/panel discussions, etc.
- Events such as fundraisers, red carpet premieres, screenings, etc. (this includes researching parking, directions, and other important details prior to departure)
- Some personal engagements and commitments such as dinners, family events, etc.
- Fielding phone calls - ability to diplomatically and skillfully manage call traffic is imperative
- Managing email correspondence with various contacts including film studios, agencies, publicist, vendors, etc. with timely responses and follow up, as well as clear and efficient communication of matters to composer
- Tracking and maintaining basic studio inventory:
- Office, kitchen, bathroom supplies
- Tracking and submitting receipts to business manager
- General tidying-up of studio/office area to maintain professional appearance of office/studio
- Occasional running of errands
- Organizing of supplies and equipment, labeling etc.
- Maintaining and creating documentation for various processes, operating instructions, etc. on shared drive
- Daily updating and communication of to-do list for composer, clearly emphasizing which items are most urgent/time sensitive
- Assisting with scheduling and liaising with various vendors and contractors for house work/repairs
- Basic property management (learning how to reboot/work various devices/equipment)
- Finding new vendors as well as working with existing vendors to assist with closing out necessary home maintenance/repairs (electricians, plumbers, etc.)
- Attending recording sessions and live shows to assist with various needs such as transporting needed items from studio to session location, greeting guests/providing directions, taking food orders, etc.
Please note: There are cats on the premises, so if you are allergic to cats, please take your own health into account before applying.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online