Personal Assistant for Celebrity
ConfidentialNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Personal Assistant & House/Estate Manager Category
Search for Personal Assistant for Celebrity jobs in New York-NY
A private client seeks a diligent Executive Personal Assistant to operate in a hybrid-remote capacity. This position is generally Monday through Friday, with the consideration that after-hours or weekend work and email responses/texts may be required due to the busy schedule of a high-profile entertainer.
This role could potentially include occasional travel; the candidate must currently live within a commutable distance to New York City. Knowledge of New York, Fairfield County Connecticut, and the greater Los Angeles area is a plus, but the ability to research and navigate any city is a requirement.
The Executive Personal Assistant must be willing to dive in as the point-person/gatekeeper to the Principal. They will be the single point of communication, interfacing with all contacts, business and personal. They must be able to handle the little details and be a top-notch scheduler, able to prioritize and effectively communicate on behalf of the Principal's needs throughout the day and week. The successful candidate will understand the nature of private service to a celebrity, and be respectful of the inherently intimate nature of the role while maintaining personal boundaries.
The Principal has a husband, two young children, and a dog, so experience with a family home is an asset. Additional staff include a nanny, housekeepers, and dog walkers; there may be occasional coordinating with them on light house management duties at the apartment in NYC and home in Fairfield County, mostly in how things pertain to the Principal (stocking products, addressing/delegating any concerns/requests expressed to you). Though it will be expected the Principles personal effects in the home would be domain of EPA to help maintain order and organization.
Also please note on set experience will be required which could evolve the hours.
• Manage a busy schedule, maintaining an ever-changing calendar with constant communication and follow-up regarding priority; scheduling all appointments including business (calls/meetings/events/appearances/fittings/production/pre-&post-production, etc), personal appointments (trainer/doctors/grooming/etc) and travel, alongside plans involving the entire family and the Principal's social calendar.
• Coordinating travel arrangements, commercial and private, including cars, greeters, flights, accommodations, etc. Create detailed itineraries as needed, confirm all travel prior to departure, and oversee travel day-of. Provide detailed packing lists including weather at the destination; assist with packing when if/when on site.
• Managing a running ''to-do'' list, keeping all aspects of the principal's life organized, keeping her updated as needed.
• Proactively managing & prioritizing incoming & outgoing correspondence, emails, calls, etc
• Assisting in the coordination of events/appearances as required, including interfacing with top-level management, publicists, stylists, etc. Prep for and clean up after any appointments in the homes, such as meetings, fittings, glam sessions, etc. when on site.
• Manage meetings outside of the home by working cooperatively with agent/manager/publicist assistants to make reservations, consult on dietary requirements, coordinate travel logistics to location, etc.
• Arrange for/send flowers and gifts on behalf of principal for any and all contacts as requested, from business associates to family members to entire film crews, with special attention paid to bulk gifts/card at the holidays.
• Track gifts received and facilitate thank you notes.
• Create/maintain/update list of all Principal's contacts, business and personal, with current emails/addresses/phone numbers/family members (spouses, kids' names/ages).
• Set up/maintain online accounts/passwords; keep accessible list of all current passwords.
• Organize office and home related areas. EXTREME Organization ability is desired.
• Comfort in the kitchen and coordinating food/diet needs.
• Maintain the utmost privacy and discretion at all times, using an alias when appropriate.
• Strong command of English language; outstanding written and verbal skills.
• Minimum 3+ years related experience with an A-list celebrity at an Executive or Personal Assistant level.
• Excellent references required from both current and previous employers; must pass a background check.
• Bachelor's degree from a 4-year accredited college or university preferred but not required.
• Exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities; be a ''self-thinker,'' communicating clearly with the Principal, demonstrating problem-solving skills and a can-do confidence, while understanding that no request is too big or too small.
• Strong time management and task prioritization; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; ability to work independently remotely as well as collaborate and delegate when needed.
• Attention to detail; eagerness to execute tasks efficiently and exceed expectations.
• Computer savvy with proficiency in a Mac environment; strong ability to learn and utilize new systems and programs as needed. Perform routine maintenance (updates/backups) on Principal's devices.
• Willingness to adapt to an ever-changing and often unstructured environment whilst remaining calm and composed.
• Able to drive, clean license - having ones own car is an asset, but not required.
• Legally able to work within the United States with a valid passport; willing to travel.