ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a bright, creative, goal-oriented, high energy and hardworking individual to fill our Payroll Administrator position. The selected candidate will be responsible for processing all aspects of weekly payroll for non-union and union employees.
• Responsible for the preparation and processing of weekly payroll; review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets; track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions
• Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll, human resources, budget and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, e.g. labor'' home'' work, overtime, leave balances, head count, and retirement contribution reports)
• Handle the administration of the electronic timekeeping system. Setup each employee, valid programs for each employee's charges, and adherence to FLSA; monitor submissions of approved timesheets, ensure valid data transfers to/from payroll service
• Establish/maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; review changes for proper authorization and adherence to APA policy including compliance with federal/state/local regulations
• Responds to and resolves any inquiries regarding paychecks
• Ensures compliance with Union payroll requirements; advise management on needed actions
• Submit required reporting and calculate contributions to the union
• Assist and play a major contributing role in the implementation of existing projects such as electronic timekeeping
• Assist in gathering all necessary information associated to Audits
• Complete and evaluate general ledger month-end procedure for payroll, including but not limited to journal entries, account reconciliation, adjustments and accruals.
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of payroll processing experience performing all payroll functions
• MUST HAVE previous experience processing union payrolls
• Excellent skills using MS Word, Excel, Access, and Internet Explorer
• Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system; Experience with ADP preferred
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
• Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
• Ability to effectively communicate information to employees and management
• Multi-Company payroll experience preferred
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online