ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
Are you a highly skilled paralegal with strong drafting skills? Do you always catch the details that others don't? Are you passionate about supporting the attorneys you work for to help the firm prosper? Do you care about making sure client work is done correctly? Are you a positive person who is pleasant to be around? If you have answered yes to all of these questions, then read on!
A rapidly rising music law firm in Los Angeles needs an outstanding paralegal to join the team to support firm owner/attorney in the preparation of complex contracts, documents, and data management. The firm handles all music industry agreements, with an emphasis on music publishing, licensing, and legacy matters.
Work in this firm is extremely detailed, fast-paced, highly professional, and very efficient. This firm is looking for a solid team member who is smart, positive, reliable, and trustworthy. The candidate selected for this position has opportunity to grow within the firm and therefore should be interested in a long-term position.
Core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Drafting, reviewing, and redlining of music industry agreements
• Other document and letter preparation
• Legal and Copyright Research (mostly Internet-based)
• Preparing copyright and other registration applications
• Communicating with clients and opposing counsel via email, phone, and in person
• Assisting with management of client and catalogue data
• Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
• 3 years experience as a paralegal
• Paralegal certificate from accredited program
• Strict attention to and meticulous eye for detail
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to take and adapt to directions
• Ability to work autonomously and efficiently, think strategically, solve problems, and be proactive
• Ability to independently manage own workload and meet deadlines
• Ability to handle and adapt to a fast-paced environment
• Ability to improve the efficiency of procedures
• Trustworthy, reliable, responsible, and able to keep client information confidential
• A positive, can-do attitude who relates well with staff and clients
• A passion for the work and for supporting the firm
• Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Mac computer skills
• Experience with music contractual matters, music industry, and copyright/intellectual property registration highly preferred.
• Part-time to start, more hours possible based on performance
• Position is based in Los Angeles, CA
Job Code: Paralegal
• Cover letter
• Writing sample
• 3 references
• Please state ''Paralegal'' in your subject line, as the firm is currently hiring for more than one position.
Your attention to detail and ability to follow instructions will be tested via your application. Show you can follow instructions by inserting the first line in the body of your cover letter as ''Yes, I can follow instructions.'' Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online