Manager of Development
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Search for Manager of Development jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager of Development postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager of Development? Manager of Development
Production & Finance Company
Los Angeles, CA
Prolific Los Angeles based film production company is seeking an organized, self-motivated Manager of Development to help maintain and oversee a high-volume slate of independent films and television movies. Successful candidates will be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously in various stages of development as well as have an intimate knowledge of differnet movie genres, primarily thriller, horror, action and rom com.
Key responsibilities include:
• Working with screenwriters to develop a high volume of targeted projects from concept to production.
• Evaluating the quality of concepts, treatments, and screenplays, offering creative feedback that takes into consideration the needs of different buyers as well as the overall quality of the material.
• Oversee and contribute creatively to the writing of development documents such as pitches and treatments.
• Liaise with various distributors, networks, buyers, and writers to develop the most effective material.
• Track down scripts and projects that will satisfy a variety of different networks and output deal mandates.
• Effectively package targeted projects with directors, cast, and producers.
• Track a large volume of projects of all genres.
• Coming up with concepts and assigning to screenwriters
• A Bachelor's Degree.
• 2+ years of experience working in development department at a production company or network; preferably a TV Movie production company, network, or distributor.
• A very intimate knowledge of indie film and television movie genres including action films, female driven thrillers, horror and lighthearted rom coms.
• A wealth of knowledge about screenwriting and film structure; preferably a screenwriting background.