Manager, In-house Production
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
This is an EMMY award-winning and Oscar nominated production company which creates non-scripted series, documentaries and branded content for film, television, and digital platforms. We're looking for a strong, in-house Manager, Production to become an integral part of our Production team in our dog-friendly, Westside Los Angeles office. This person will play a key role in the daily management of Development and active Productions. This position is an opportunity to work with Production heads on a day-to-day basis, as well as learning experience with room for growth. It's an ideal position for someone with who is looking to transition to an in-house, staff role and be part of a well built and ever growing team. We currently have 30+ active projects (docu-series / unscripted / commercials) with Amazon, HBO, Showtime, Netflix, Hulu and are searching for a confident self-starter with interest in the industry.
The Production Manager will be responsible for establishing and maintaining consistency across the various company projects aligned with internal Policies and Procedures in relation to Production. This person will either facilitate or lead smaller shoots, as well as ramp up and ramp down bigger shows alongside Freelance Production Management. With Human Resources, this person will help institute and maintain onboarding and offboarding procedures for new Line Producers, Production Managers and other production crew. They will generally help maintain consistency across all Company shows.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for facilitating the production management of each show ramp up and ramp down
- Communicate company production policies to new Line Producers in alignment with data and paperwork retention, as well as personnel policies
- Work alongside Post and Rights & Deliverables to ensure wrap binders are completed and consistent;
- Liaise between productions and internal departments to ensure resources and policies are disseminated to Production Teams;
- Maintain current documents such as Deal Memos and Confidentiality;
- Create and maintain a preferred Vendor list;
- Maintain potential crew database, preferred DPs etc. alongside other Department heads;
- Production Manage development shoots or small projects as needed (travel, crew sheets, start paperwork, timecards, etc);
- Facilitate insurance, permissions, permits, risk assessments etc. in partnership with third-party payroll provider and parent company;
- Source and assist hiring freelance crew members for new productions;
- With Human Resources help institute and maintain onboarding procedures for new LPs, PMs and other production crew. Help maintain consistency across all Company shows.
- Alongside Payroll Coordinator, ensure payroll for Crews is completed in a timely and correct manner.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate work experience.
- At least 3 to 5 years' experience in production, with increasing levels of responsibility throughout.
- Documentary experience is required.
- Should have basic knowledge of gear/equipment.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Strong experience using Excel.
Full-time position in hybrid working environment. Unlimited vacation; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, parental leave, 401k, volunteer days, etc.; dog-friendly office.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, or other protected characteristics, and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, when and as required by law.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online