Live Content Producer / Editor
Full Time Job
MUST be LOCAL to Houston Tx
The Live Content Producer/Editor role owns video productions and live shoots, including breaking news coverage, live stream coverage, and recorded videos that add value to our offering, attract members and prospects according to the plans and goals of the production project. They will take charge of hitting the goals and ensuring we are turning the production into live or recorded programming that delivers an audience, while working with our entire production team to ensure our productions run smoothly and error-free.
• Create and develop multimedia (audio/video) content for customer stories, internal company announcement videos, external promotional social videos, product marketing videos, and other enterprise-wide projects
• Script, storyboard, allocate resources, set deadlines, and select optimal forms of media for projects
• Work independently, as well as part of a team, to establish project deliverables
• Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to help facilitate the creation of multimedia content
• Plan video shoots, scout, select and reserve shoot locations
• Develop production schedules
• Manage all aspects of the creative; to include, but not limited to writing creative briefs (such as treatments based on ordered concept), creating shootlists and/or working with writers to create shooting scripts, configuring live rundowns, selecting talent and locations, directing talent, managing production and technical crew, as well as overseeing creative during the edit
• Actively maintain expertise in the latest technology trends, techniques, and tools related to create digital content.
• Reserve and rent equipment
• Record and edit video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media
• Manage video library
• Evaluate analytics
• Strong understanding and knowledge of nonlinear video and graphics production, organization, and storage
• Proficiency in Premiere Pro and After Effects with the ability to efficiently navigate projects, as well as the ability to know/use/learn new software in the future
• Experienced with Blackmagic ATEM and HyperDeck products and in all related hardware/software/file codec compatibility
• Thorough understanding of ATEM Control software, OBS, and related streaming software and their integration to various social web platforms
• Able to integrate live video calls into a livestream for guests via Skype or other video conferencing platforms
• Able to build a template and program Macros to custom fit livestream broadcast requirements around number of cameras, mics, lighting, audio routing, guest call-ins, graphics, etc.
• Must be able to build out a streaming setup for remote broadcasts
• Proactive problem-solving and anticipating the needs and potential issues of any requested livestream, both in-studio and remote
• Strong understanding and knowledge of digital content production
• Take an existing concept and creatively ideate the vision from start to finish
• Must be creative, detail oriented, highly motivated and action oriented
• Must be able to give and take direction, adhere to a schedule, and deliver in a timely fashion
• Must demonstrate strong and creative video & audio recording techniques through proper equipment manipulation & set-up, indoor/outdoor scene lighting, clean audio recording, as well as a command of shot framing, knowledge and efficiency in use of pro video accessories to achieve stylized shots
• Must be able to act as a Story Editor/Producer in a non-scripted/documentary scenario, building the script/story from the shot content, AND also as a Post Producer giving notes on cuts
• Knowledge of full creative and production process life cycle of a project from inception through delivery
• Ability to work with other creatives (writers, cinematographers, editors, etc.) and communicate effectively and efficiently the creative vision
• Be able to work within a team as well as work independently with minimal supervision, as needed
• Ability to anticipate and effectively communicate and solve practical & creative problems or issues
• Know-how and experience troubleshooting and solving issues with cameras, grip & electric gear, audio equipment
• Limited travel required
• Knowledge and/or deep appreciation for self-defense rights, law-abiding gun ownership, the U.S. Constitution, and founding principles of the U.S.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in communications, art, film, broadcast, audio, media production, or related field (preferred but not required)
• 1-2 years of professional writing, producing and directing experience (including video editing; cinematography experience a plus) working on short-form television, digital content, social media, and/or in an internal corporate media production environment AND Live / Streaming productions
• 1-2 years of graphics and post-finishing experience working on short-form television, digital content, social media, and/or in an internal corporate media production environment
• Prolonged periods of sitting or standing at workstation during shift
MUST BE LOCAL TO HOUSTON Salary: $21.00 to $28.00 /hour --- based on experience
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online