ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Search for Literary Manager jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Literary Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Literary Manager? Description:
A full service bi-costal management & production company is searching for an experienced Literary Manager to join our team. We are looking for an existing Literary Manager who will be able to develop and support the careers of our clients and grow our dynamic roster. While a member of our team, responsibilities include identifying new clients who are television and motion picture writers & directors for representation, as well as working with our existing roster. The candidate must have a track record of managing relationships, as well as using a network of industry contacts. A Manager must be comfortable giving business advice and have etiquette when dealing with industry professionals in a business and professional manner. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated and wants a unique opportunity to build their client business with a team.
This job requires a knowledge of dealing with publishers for books and IP, as well as Podcasts. A perfect candidate is a deal-maker and willing to work with our CEO and Head of Development to identify opportunities for our clients and productions. Managers must have knowledge of coverage and development in order to help guide our client's pitches.
Job Requirements & Responsibilities:
• Must have past experience working at a talent agency in TV or MP Literary (or Packaging) departments or a management company with literary clients for 1-3 years to be considered
• Ability to work Virtual in your own home office due to Covid-19
• Experience working with agencies, production companies, studios (television and motion picture) and streaming companies; and have existing contacts and relationships with development executives.
• Need to have a roster of working clients or building a roster of clients to bring to the company.
• Have a knowledge of the TV staffing process and relationships with execs
• Goal and task oriented to meet deadlines and goals of the company
• Knowledge of WGA and DGA union contracts and Code of Conduct rules
• Experience and comfortable working with Books and other types of IP to identity for production
• Recruit new established clients for representation for the company
• Understanding of the process and dynamics of a production
• Ability to represent our company in a professional manner with dealing with executives and Buyers
• Be proficient in creating pitch packets and decks for our clients projects
• 4 year degree or higher (MBA or JD if applicable); Business knowledge is bonus
Commission + Bonuses. Existing Roster of Clients is Required