ConfidentialBeverly Hills, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Legal Assistant jobs in Beverly Hills-CA
Boutique music, etc. law firm, Beverly Hills, seeks a qualified candidate to provide administrative support for three (3) Associate attorneys in busy music law practice. In this role, the person will perform a variety of administrative duties, including word processing, handling a heavy volume of phone calls and e-mails, preparing letters and aid drafting for a variety of contracts, and handling corporate compliance matters. Additional responsibilities including providing back-up support for attorneys.
Outline of Specific Functions:
· Basic word processing of standard agreements (including, without limitation, master use licenses, synchronization licenses, appearance releases, basic waivers/clearances) and other music-related agreements, and miscellaneous letters and notices as directed.
· Prepare legal comparisons/summaries between drafts of documents.
· Handle requisite attachments, exhibits and schedules for various agreements.
· Handle e-mail correspondence and execution of agreements.
· Maintain database of executed agreements and status of open matters.
· Handle incoming and outgoing artist/guest artist clearances, exclusivity waivers, festival and live performance clearances.
· Interpret and prepare contract summaries and maintain information databases.
· Maintain corporate compliance documents for client loan-out corporations.
· Handle processing of copyright registrations.
· Compose cease-and-desist letters and issue take-down notices.
· Following up on agreement status with opposing parties.
· Minimum one (1) year of experience in the music industry within the business and legal affairs department at a record label, music publisher, and/or law firm is beneficial.
· Bachelor's degree, Paralegal Certificate or equivalent experience preferred. JD degree extremely beneficial.
· Strong writing skills.
· Resourceful self-starter with desire to take initiative.
· Must have superb accuracy, be detail-oriented, and complete tasks in accordance with instructions and possess strong follow-up skills.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and work in a fast-paced team environment.
· Capable of simultaneously handling large volumes of work/matters in organized manner.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
· Ability to handle confidential information.
· Proficient in MS Word (including typing) and Outlook (Excel is a plus).
· Easy going (but dedicated) with good sense of humor.
Compensation / Benefits:
· Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
· Benefits: Health insurance; 401K