ConfidentialCentury City, CA
Full Time Job
Boutique entertainment law firm is looking for an associate to join the firm. Candidates ideally will have experience at an entertainment law firm, studio, distribution company, agency, or production company, but . The firm will also consider candidates who have experience at a top tier corporate law firm looking to transition into the entertainment industry. The firm's clients include film and television studios and production companies, financiers, actors, producers, and executives.
• Draft and negotiate above and below-the-line agreements for film and television projects.
• Review and negotiate writer agreements, literary option purchase agreements, sales agent agreements, and distribution agreements.
• Coordinate on productions with producers regarding day-to-day legal services being performed by the firm.
• Assist clients in resolving clearance, music licensing and guild (SAG-AFTRA, DGA, WGA) related issues.
• Negotiate and draft non-disclosure agreements, service agreements, employment, and other ordinary course business contracts.
• Strong academic credentials from an ABA-accredited law school and California Bar admission.
• Film, television or digital development or production legal experience.
• Analytical, problem- solving, interpersonal, negotiation, strategic thinking, and legal reasoning skills.
• Strong project management, time management, and long-term planning skills.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Salary: $65,000/year. Non-negotiable.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online