Mortimer Public RelationsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
A boutique PR Agency specializing in publicity for Filmmakers (Directors, Writers, Producers, Production Companies, etc.) seeks a Full-Time Jr. Publicist to start immediately.
This position will report directly to the Agency owner and offers a unique opportunity for a reliable, dedicated, and self-motivated individual who is eager to learn the business of entertainment publicity for A-List Film and TV creatives.
The Jr. Publicist will work full-time and must be available for occasional work outside normal business hours as required. This may include last-minute work for a couple of hours on the weekend or in the evening, attending a screening, checking an email before going to bed, and some limited out-of-town travel.
Position will be located in our offices in Miracle Mile area. Parking will be provided.
(Must be local - no relocation.)
**NOTE: This is not an Entry-Level Job -- please be sure you meet the specified qualifications below before submitting your resume. Candidates who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered. **
• Liaise with both industry press and our clients
• Maintain up-to-date press lists
• Develop and implement press campaigns, secure coverage with key national media outlets, strategize digital campaigns
• Draft media materials (client bios, press releases, etc.)
• Manage client status reports and press clippings file
• Attend press events with clients as needed (Red Carpets, interviews, Press Junkets, Q&As, etc.), including some nights and weekends
• Manage database of media contacts
• Maintain on-going calendar of client events
• Manage logistics for client press appearances, including domestic and international air travel, hotel bookings, booking hair and make-up, car service coordination, etc.
• Create comprehensive written schedules for clients (for travel and in-town appearances)
• Assist with scheduling and long-range planning for PR clients/company, and research potential new clients
• As this is a small agency, some limited office organization and other administrative duties may be required which may include answering phone, delivering materials to clients, running work errands, ordering supplies, overseeing maintenance, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
• We require candidates to have 1-2 years of experience in an agency or a studio/network PR Dept. either as a Jr. Publicist, or as seasoned PR Assistant looking to move up
• Bachelor's Degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
• Familiarity with entertainment industry practices and procedures
• Ability to work quickly, autonomously, and within strict deadlines while maintaining professional composure
• Ability to work unexpected overtime as required
• Must be organized and extremely detail-oriented
• Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to interact in a professional manner with clients, vendors, and studio personnel
• Some experience dealing with agents, executives and talent is preferred
• Good phone etiquette and outstanding written communication abilities
• Ability to handle confidential/sensitive information discretely and with diplomacy (Employees will be required to sign Non-Disclosure Agreement and subject to background check)
• Proficiency in Word, Outlook, Excel and internet software (Apple-based platforms); Knowledge of Cision is a plus, but not required.
• Valid Driver's License is a must
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online