Intern - Talent Manager
ConfidentialNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Talent Management Intern needed for a talent management company that specializes in developing and producing projects for comedic talent, including TV shows, digital projects and live comedy shows. This candidate will work closely with our talent manager who works with NYC's fastest rising comedians including stand up, actors and writers, regularly seen on networks like HBO, Comedy Central, MTV, truTV and FOX.
You will work in a fast-pace, downtown, start-up environment and have the opportunity to be part of an expanding talent management company. This is a great opportunity to learn the various aspects of talent representation. If you're a comedy enthusiast, it's also a great way to see some of your favorite comedians behind the scenes and gain insight on what it is like to be a funny person for a living. It will also give you exposure to the ''business'' aspect of being in ''show business,'' all the while getting to experience some of the ''show.''
Ideally this candidate would work 1 - 2 days each week (6 - 8 hours each day) in November 2019 - January 2020. Candidates must be organized, ambitious, detail oriented and computer savvy. Candidates need to be meticulous and driven.
Qualified candidates should have the following characteristics:
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the entertainment industry; strong interest in comedy
- Must be internet savvy and have experience using Microsoft office (Word, PPT, Excel) and Google Docs
- Ability to research industry trends and update contact databases
- Possess exemplary written and oral communication skills, excellent phone manner, and an upbeat personality
- Supporting manager in day-to-day activities including working with clients, casting execs, network execs and producers
- Assist with coverage of prospective clients
- Researching industry trends
- Help prepare and submit client pitches
- Assist with submissions on Breakdowns
Must be a current student or recent graduate.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online