Intern - Music Licensing
This was removed by the employer on 12/17/2020 8:16:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Music Licensing jobs in Remote-NJ
Search all Intern - Music Licensing postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Intern - Music Licensing School Credit Required
About the Role
Do you love listening to music all day long? Do you have a good ear for QUALITY music? This is a hands-on (but remote) role where you will be involved in all aspects of the company: From admin and research to assisting in finding syncing opportunities for our artists. You will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of licensing music from categorizing themes and pitching the right music.
**Please note, this is a heavy research oriented role.
- Maintain communication while working remote on ongoing tasks.
- Attend and participate actively in weekly video calls.
- Monitor task board and work responsibly on different tasks in a detailed and resourceful manner.
- Discover new music opportunities for the company's music catalog by researching artists across multiple genres.
- Research brands to establish the type of music required for upcoming placement opportunities.
- Build an awareness on the type of music placed across television, film, commercials, podcasts, and video games.
- Gain a basic understanding of the process of pitching and securing music syncs across different forms of media.
- Gain an understanding of building a music licensing library
- Proactively engage with other interns and Supervisor with ideas/questions whenever necessary.
The perfect candidate...
- You are a self-starter and motivated to learn and work independently.
- You are detailed and resourceful!
- You can list 10+ music genres off the top of your head without skipping a beat. You can name a band or singer in any genre at trivia night and your friends are amazed at your music knowledge, especially when it comes to new and up & coming music.
- You know what guitar centric music sounds like and can easily find the song on a pop album that is not considered guitar centric.
- You also love TV, films, and/or video games and the thought of placing music in your favorite TV show or brand's commercial is exciting to you.
- If I ask you to find a musician or song that can be described as a moody, dark, operatic track with electronic elements... you have ideas in your mind right away.
-Basically, you know and love music and want to work in the industry. You also are trustworthy, hardworking, and most importantly, fun to work alongside.
***School Credit Required
- First and foremost, you MUST LOVE MUSIC.
- Must own a computer and be proficient in Google drive and excel.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to adapt and learn
- Able to work well independently and are self-motivated
- Have a basic understanding of the film and television industry
If interested in applying, in the cover letter, please include answers to the following questions.
1. What is your favorite film soundtrack and why?
2. Name your top 3 favorite bands/musicians and your genre of choice.
3. What is the most recent show your binge-watched?
4. Name a commercial that has stood out for you or helped you discover a song. Please include a link to the commercial.