Intern - Media Company Marketing
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Intern - Marketing for Media Company
Family Theater Productions Hollywood CA
2021 Family Theater Productions Marketing Internship Opportunity
Family Theater Productions seeks a hands-on marketing intern for our independent production company that specializes in family oriented and faith-based Web Series, Radio, Multimedia and Film with the mission to entertain, inspire, and educate. Family Theater Productions is a Catholic-based media company located at 7201 W Sunset Blvd in Hollywood, California, and has created quality content for over 70 years. Our regular office hours are Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm.
Description of the Internship:
We are looking for enthusiastic interns with overall marketing, office, and multi-media skills to assist our marketing team, remotely. We ask all interns to be available for a minimum of two days a week or the equivalent thereof, on a regular basis during our business hours. We occasionally ask for assistance one evening each month from 6-9:30pm for an outside of business hours, public company Zoom event which can be exchanged for 4 internship hours that week. The intern should have self-discipline, the ability to take direction, an openness to work within a team, and a passion for marketing within film and media.
Family Theater Productions allows student interns to:
• Receive college/university credit hours
• Assist the Marketing director with office and campaign work, such as basic administrative duties, errands, engage in social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), and more
• Use, in their portfolios, items they have created while working with us
• Engage with different departments within our company, and their respective projects
• Current enrollment in an academic program
• Exceptional communication skills, social etiquette, and the ability to multi-task
• Passionate and confident in his/her ideas with an enthusiastic, self-motivating work ethic
• Familiarity with computers, spreadsheets, Microsoft Office, and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
• Ideal availability 2 full weekdays or their equivalent (Ex: 1 full day and 2 half days)
Ideal skills would include:
• Marketing and Public Relations majors/minors
• Multi-media experience
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Drive -Photoshop is a plus
Potential interns will be interviewed either by phone or via Microsoft Teams. Internships are available year round, and last a minimum of either one semester or quarter, based on the course schedule of the corresponding academic institution.
We will happily fill out paperwork to assure the interns receive college or university credit. Complimentary parking in our company parking lot is available to all interns. Our internships are non-paid, but we do offer a one-time stipend of up to $400, to be paid at the end of the internship, to off-set expenses such as gasoline. We do not provide housing or housing assistance. We will provide future reference letters depending on the intern's performance, and allow our interns to use, on their reels or in their portfolios, items they have created working with us.
Family Theater Productions is a Catholic-based media company located at 7201 W Sunset Blvd in Hollywood, California, and has created quality content for over 70 years. Our regular office hours are Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm. Our company's founder, Father Patrick Peyton, C.S.C. made world-famous the slogan, ''The Family That Prays Together Stays Together.'' The faith and family content we create is intended to entertain, inspire, and educate.
Job Code: Internship
- A résumé and cover letter outlining areas of interest/expertise
- Three references we may contact or three letters of recommendation
- Their time frame and availability for interning (Ex: January 21-July 21, Every Tuesday and Thursday)
- Optional: A reel or digital portfolio (if he or she has one)
All of the checklist items above may be emailed. Subject Line: INTERNSHIP No phone calls, please. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online