Intern - Faith and Family Film/Media Company
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Internship Start Date/Season: Winter/Spring Term
Internship Duration: College/University semester
Time/Days Required: 2 days per week or that equivalent, including 1 Wednesday evening per month
Workplace Requirements: In office. Dress code will be shared upon acceptance.
Description of the Internship:
We are looking for enthusiastic interns with overall production, office, and multi-media skills to assist our creative team. We ask all interns to be available for a minimum of two days a week or the equivalent thereof, on a regular basis during our business hours. Interns that can come in more often are given priority consideration (of course this depends on experience, skills, and background). The intern should have discipline, the ability to take direction, polite social etiquette, an openness to work with a team, and a passion for film and media.
Our company allows student interns to:
• Engage with different departments within our company, and their respective projects
• Participate in development, production, post-production, marketing, and multi-media work (depending on the intern's skill and length of the internship)
• Assist with office work, such as basic administrative duties, answering phones, making copies, running errands, and engaging in social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and production shoots that occur during the internship
• Use on their reels (or in their portfolios) anything they have created while working with us
• Receive college/university credit hours
• Current enrollment in an academic program
• Exceptional communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Passionate and confident in ideas with an enthusiastic, self-motivating work ethic
• Familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
• Minimum availability 2 full weekdays or their equivalent (Ex: 1 full day and 2 half days)
Ideal skills could include:
• Multi-media experience, Canva, Photoshop
• Basic Editing skills, especially in Premiere
Additional Information of Note to Applicants:
Potential interns will be interviewed either by phone or in person, depending on availability. Internships are available year round, and last either one semester or quarter, based on the course schedule of the corresponding academic institution.
We will happily fill out paperwork to make sure the interns receive college credit. Complimentary parking in our company parking lot is available to all interns. Our internships are non-paid, but we can offer a one-time stipend of up to $400 to be paid at the end of the internship, to off-set expenses such as gasoline. We do not provide housing or housing assistance. We will provide future reference letters depending on the intern's performance, and allow our interns to use, on their reels or in their portfolios, items they have created working with us.
We are an Emmy, Gabriel, Telly, and Christopher Award-winning Catholic-based media company located at 7201 W Sunset Blvd in Hollywood, California, and have created quality content for over 75 years. Our regular office hours are Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm. We do host one entertainment industry dinner event per month on a Wednesday evening from 6:30-9:30pm during which intern assistance is not strictly required, but much appreciated.
- A résumé and cover letter outlining areas of interest/expertise
- A reel or digital portfolio and coverage samples (if available)
- Three references we may contact OR three letters of recommendation
- Their time frame and availability for interning (Ex: April 20-July 20, Every Tuesday and Thursday)
All of the checklist items above may be emailed, Subject Line: INTERNSHIP? Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online