Intern - Creative Development and Production
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Patriot Pictures LLC is an independent finance and production company of film and television programs. Past films include Blackout (2022) starring Josh Duhamel, Prisoners of the Ghostland (2021) starring Nicolas Cage and premiered at the Sundance Film Festival, Synchronic (2020) starring Anthony Mackie and Jamie Dornan and premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival, Cut Throat City (2020) directed by Wu Tang Clan's RZA and starring Terrence Howard, Westley Snipes, and Ethan Hawke and premiered at South by Southwest, Running with the Devil (2019) starring Nicolas Cage and Laurence Fishburne, Zeroville (2019) starring James Franco, Megan Fox, Seth Rogan, Will Ferrell, Joey King, Jacki Weaver, Craig Robinson, Danny McBride, I Am Michael (2015) starring James Franco, Zachary Quinto, Emma Roberts and Executive Produced by Gus Van Sant, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival, Hangman (2017) starring Al Pacino and Brittany Snow, and I Am Wrath (2016) starring John Travolta.
JOB TITLE: CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT & PRODUCTION INTERN
RESPONSIBILITIES: Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Reading script submissions and providing written summaries and recommendations for development executives.
• Performing research and compiling materials to help determine whether company should pursue certain projects.
• Creating lists with recommendations for directors, cast, showrunners for projects in development.
• Providing administrative support on desks as needed.
• Assisting producers with pre-production, production, post-production work as needed.
• Passion and focus on film making, television, and entertainment industry
• Experience in basic office programs (i.e. Outlook, Excel)
• Patience, the ability to multitask, willingness to work in a fast paced environment
• Attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to intern in the office in West Hollywood one day per week (10:30am to 6pm) and remotely eight hours per week for a total of fifteen hours per week.
• Enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university for the duration of the internship.
• Prior film or television creative development experience.
LOCATION: West Hollywood, California (and at various locations if there is a production)
JOB TYPE: Internship
PAY: Unpaid educational internship. We do provide a $50 per day stipend when traveling to the office.
START DATE//END DATE:
February 1, 2023 - May 19, 2023
Some interns are in the office twice a week and some interns are In the office one day per week (10:30am to 6pm) and remotely eight hours per week for a total of fifteen hours per week.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR APPLICATION: cover letter and resume
Patriot Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online