Intern - Business Affairs
ConfidentialBeverly Hills, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Have you ever wanted to learn more about how film and television projects are financed? A boutique entertainment law firm is looking for a Business Affairs Intern to join our team and help support one attorney. You will be providing comprehensive support to the attorney, including document preparation, facilitating execution of legal agreements, monitoring of calendars and schedules, scheduling calls and meetings, and maintaining records and files. We're looking for someone who wants to learn more about film and television from a business and legal perspective, and also someone who is unfazed by the fast-paced environment of entertainment industry. if this sounds of interest, we look forward to hearing from you!
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review and edit prepared documents for accuracy
• Draft routine letters and other correspondence
• Assist in monitoring dates of legal significance
• Schedule meetings and conference calls, including confirming dial-in information and conference room availability
• Update contract binders, photocopy documents and distribute
• Manage/direct phone calls and written correspondence in a professional and friendly manner
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required
• Strong working knowledge of Windows, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel is required. PowerPoint, MediaMaestro and TAB knowledge preferred
• Well spoken with strong interpersonal skills and be client-service orientated
• Desire and aptitude for learning new concepts/systems/programs on the job; solve problems on the fly; react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick response or turnaround; take effective action without having to know the total picture
• Strong reasoning skills; superior grammar, editing and proof reading skills
• Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to independently prioritize work and handle multiple tasks with set deadlines, with superior follow-through and follow-up
• Ability to complete high volumes of tasks and projects quickly and accurately with little guidance
• A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals and others at all levels inside and outside the company
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online