Human Resources Assistant
ConfidentialValley Village, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Human Resources Assistant jobs in Valley Village-CA
Title: Human Resources Assistant
Department: Human Resources (HR)
Direct Supervisor: Human Resources Director
General Summary: The Human Resources assistant is responsible for supporting the day-to-day needs of the
Human Resources Department.
• Provides direct administrative support to the Human Resources Department.
• Regularly tracks and manages personnel record database for all internal and field personnel (1000+ employees). Based on start request emails from the supervisors, will create employee profiles and enter all employee data.
• Updates HR department calendar and drafts Meeting Minutes.
• Assists with the distribution and retrieval of employee Start and Change in Relationship packets from requesting supervisors, ensuring that necessary signatures are obtained.
• Assists with employee data entry into LightSpeed and Extreme Reach platforms which will generate a timecard for show specific employees.
• Flags employees that may be eligible for 401(k).
• Files various documents to HR server; time-off requests, change in relationships, makeup time, OT requests, personnel actions forms, etc., and files the forms in the appropriate personnel files, and carries out document destruction.
• Supports various tasks and projects as needed by the Human Resources team.
• Assists with employee inquiries - employee handbooks, pay statements, timekeeping requirements, and account access.
• Training employees on timekeeping platforms and handles I-9 audits and verifications.
• Handles confidential matters with discretion and professionalism.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ability to multi-task and handle several ongoing projects simultaneously.
• Ability to maintain a high level of organization.
• Great follow-through and the ability to anticipate upcoming work needs.
• Ability to communicate with staff at all levels.
• Excellent grammar and writing skills.
• Must be extremely self-motivated and comfortable working independently and in a group setting.
• This position is hourly with light overtime as deemed necessary.
• 1-3 years of HR Assistant or Coordinator Experience.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
• Knowledge of the entertainment industry is not required but a plus.
• Must be comfortable with the Macintosh Operating Systems.
• This position requires heavy computer use so the candidate must be able to remain stationary for the duration of their shift.
• While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• This role would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
• This position operates from a designated home-work environment. Remote position, visits office on an as needed bases.
• This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
• This position does not require the use of a company or personal vehicle for work related tasks.
• This is a full-time position. The hours for this position are 9:30A - 6:00P.
The company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, or other protected characteristics, and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, when and as required by law.