ConfidentialWest Los Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for HR Manager jobs in West Los Angeles-CA
The Company is an Oscar nominated and EMMY award-winning production company creating non-scripted documentaries, live events, and branded content for film, television, and digital platforms. We're looking for a strong, in-house HR Manager to become an integral part of our HR team in our dog friendly, Westside office Office. This is an ideal position for someone with experience managing HR in a Production facility who is looking to be part of a well built and ever growing team. We currently have 30+ active projects (docu-series / unscripted / commercials) with Amazon, HBO, Showtime, Netflix, Hulu and are searching for a confident self-starter with interest in the industry.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for all things HR for The Company. This includes developing, implementing, and administering policies and programs in the following areas: recruitment, compensation and benefits, training, employee relations, and performance management. The Human Resources Manager manages all personnel administration activities, implements personnel-related policies, strategies and initiatives and oversees the internship program. The position is additionally responsible for assuring company-wide compliance with all local, state and federal employment related laws and regulations. The HR Manager will determine when escalation is needed on issues or potential situations that may cause significant business risk.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assess risk and make recommendations in all areas of HR (compensation, discipline, benefits, policies, etc.)
• Partner with parent company to ensure best practices and consistency among companies.
• Recruitment: Conduct and facilitate position postings, candidate screenings, interviewing, negotiating and hiring decisions.
• Manage and conduct new hire on-boarding and off-boarding process for both staff and freelance employees. Work with operations and IT to ensure employees have everything they need on their first day.
• Responsible for all employee relations issues for both staff and freelancers, including performance management, mediations, and investigations. This involves both coaching supervisors through these issues and handling them directly.
• Create and execute employee engagement activities including the holiday party, team-building activities and speaker series.
• Conduct 90-day and exit interviews to ensure HR ''finger on the pulse'' company. Notify leadership if any trends arise.
• Consult with other departments including post, IT and finance to assist with change management and policy roll-outs.
• Secondary point of contact for new Line Producers/Production Managers for start paperwork/timecards.
• Work with Media Services to maintain ACA compliance with freelancer benefits. Review monthly ACA reports and ensure that freelancers are aware of their health insurance options.
• Responsible for all transactional changes in HRIS including promotions, new hires, and terminations.
• Run Intern Program: Create an enriching internship program, recruit and interview 4 to 6 interns per semester, onboard, train, create learning opportunities, have bi-weekly check-ins, and conduct exit interviews, while ensuring all interns are compliance with CA state internship laws.
• Benefits: Manage compensation and benefits programs, specifically the health, dental and vision plans and 401k plan. Work with brokers and insurance carriers to design the health plans offered. Conduct open enrollment meetings with employees. Administer COBRA information and plans for terminated employees.
• Ensure training for all employee on required areas such as Unlawful Workplace Harassment.
• Construct, update and maintain thorough job descriptions.
• Facilitate the performance review process by explaining the process and encouraging/monitoring participation.
• Maintaining employment-related documentation and maintaining employee records.
• Develop, refine, implement and maintain employment-related record keeping policies, procedures and practices.
Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, Labor Relations, or closely related field required. Certification (PHR, SHRM) and/or Master's degree in HR preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years Human Resources experience required, preferably in an entertainment company environment.
• Proven verbal and communication skills.
• Strong experience using Excel.
• Process: Strong knowledge of all HR process areas including recruitment, employee relations and records, benefits and compensation administration, training and development, and performance management, preferably in the entertainment industry.
• Systems: Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel.
• Interpersonal: Ability to effectively communicate with external vendors, customers and departments throughout the organization.
• Client Service: Commitment to timely, accurate, courteous service to internal customers (employees).
• Specialized Knowledge and Skills: Strong knowledge of payroll laws and regulations. Strong working knowledge of state and federal HR laws.