BuchwaldLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Our Bi-Coastal Talent agency is looking for an HR Manager. This individual will need to be able to work independently and stay on top of the latest trends within the Entertainment industry relating to updates and changes to State and local employment regulations in Los Angeles, CA and New York, NY. We are also looking for this person to bring ideas to the Agency to help build upon the internal HR structure.
· Review human resources systems in place to ensure they meet top management information needs.
· Advise and coordinate intracompany employment relations
· Review HR Manual and update as required by law
· Write directives advising department managers of Company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
· Oversee the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
· Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
· Recruit, interview and recommend candidates to management to fill vacant positions.
· Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
· Keep records of benefit plan's participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
· Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
· Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
· Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation, and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
· Four year college degree required
· 4 years Experience in HR Department of Mid-Size Company of 100+ Employees
· Experience in problem resolution involving employee to employee disputes as well as disputes involving employee and management relations
· Experience in the Entertainment industry is a plus
· Knowledge of NY & CA current employment regulations
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proven ability to work across teams and within a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
· Strong attention to detail
Position will report to Controller but will interact closely with other Senior Management
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits included.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online