ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Discovery is looking for a Writer/Show Producer with comedic writing or comedic producing experience. This is technically not a Head Writer position, but he or she will be responsible for the writing and the oversight of one-hour episodes of a weekly Discovery channel comedic talk show.
His or her responsibilities will include:
• Taking the lead on 1-hour episodes of the series
• Writing the episodes (script intros, tosses, field pieces, desk pieces and kickers)
• Overseeing in-studio shooting of intros, tosses, desk bits and kickers
• Ideating (with the team) field shoot ideas
• Working with the Executive Producer to insure the episode is completed on-time
• Helping other producers with their assigned hour and/or assigned segments, as needed
References and writing tests will be required, so only candidates with experience writing and overseeing the creation of talk shows, variety shows or similar content featuring an emphasis on comedy will be considered.
Position is initially for about 8 weeks with the possibility of continuing beyond that time frame.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online