Head of A&R
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
HEAD OF A&R
Los Angeles, CA based (International travel required)
Full Time Job
High Profile Electronic Music Record Label seeks an intelligent, flexible, proactive, organized, communicative, and independent person who will engage in in-depth music and music artist research as well as more complex project work related to all aspects of the record-making process.
• Research, seek, sign, and develop musical artists and music projects
• Produce artists and develop music projects into hit releases
• Listen to promos and identify releases that should be played and/or remixed by label's artists.
• Help to craft the musical direction of the label
• Develop strong artist relationships
• Managing all administrative aspects of work as an A&R
• Prepare written correspondence and communicate internally and to third parties (producers, artist managers, lawyers, etc)
• Book and coordinate studio time (production, mixing, mastering)
• Log and respond to demo submissions
• Compile, manage and keep track of all music (demos, roughs, mixes, etc.) in Box/Dropbox or other appropriate systems
• Attend A&R meetings and draft A&R reports as needed
• Assemble all copy and credits for project releases
• Use online tools such as Mediabase, Soundscan, and BDS to research and analyze data on signed and unsigned artists.
• Coordinate delivery of mixes and masters as well as manage payment of invoices and studio sessions.
• File audio content and artist info (lyrics, credits, tour schedules, etc)
• Organize and attend shows and showcases of both signed and unsigned artists
• Coordinate recording sessions, writing sessions and writing camps and related travel
• Professionally interface with all levels of the organization, clients and vendors
• Other duties as assigned
• Knowledge of current and future trends in dance music.
• Strong understanding of recording, production and creative side of music business
• Experience or working knowledge of key industry players and familiarity with all music
• Excellent verbal and written communication and inter-personal skills
• Excellent research skills
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills (including: itunes, email, and file management)
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
• Handle confidential matters appropriately and with discretion
• Ability to Multi-task: prioritize with appropriate sense of urgency
• Ability to pinpoint problems and identify solutions
• Previous coordinator / production coordination experience preferred
• Working knowledge of Pro Tools is a plus
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online