Film/TV Rights & Clearances Manager (consultant)
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Film/TV Rights & Clearances Manager (consultant) jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Film/TV Rights and Clearances Legal Document Manager (Consultant)(Remote)
An experienced manager in the rights and clearances document review lifecycle for film/TV who can work 3-5 hours every day. Will be primary point of contact for clients and licensors delivering legal delivery documents to distributor, sales agent and producer clients. Will handle voluminous projects and documents and track multiple document review deadlines as well as performing document review.
Established boutique business affairs consulting company dealing in high volume legal delivery collection and review for both large and small film/TV companies.
Your Job Duties
· Handle a high volume of email correspondence daily with licensors, producers, filmmakers and sales agents throughout the entire document delivery process
· Organize voluminous amounts of digital documents in Dropbox, SharePoint, Google Drive and other data management software
· Track and hit deadlines for dozens of projects at a time via internal and client tracking grids and systems.
· Review contracts for liability issues. Contract review experience is MANDATORY.
· Coordinate between clients, prospective clients, and 3rd party vendors to keep everyone on the same page
· Update company training manuals and procedures
· Occasionally coordinate phone calls and meetings
· Think of ways to improve systems and efficiency
· Work closely every day with client legal departments, CEO's, COO's and other high level distribution and sales executives
· Must have either a JD or paralegal certification. State/National Bar certification is a plus. Open to non-US citizens.
· Must have at least 2 years experience in film/TV rights and clearances management and document review at a law firm, in-house legal department of a studio, distributor, or sales company.
· Strong experience in chain of title, film/TV production documents, and music license review. E&O review experience a major plus.
· A working knowledge of the film/television production, sales and distribution industry
· Mandatory: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Google Suite (Drive, Sheets, Docs), Dropbox, SharePoint, Box, Adobe.
· Plus: Asana, PowerPoint, Airtable
· For applicants based in CA (or jurisdictions with similar independent contractor laws) you must have, or form before engagement, a loan out company as an LLC or Corporation. No exceptions.
Ideal Candidate Will Bring:
· Consistency- This is an everyday position for 3-5 hours. Will be primary daily contact for client needs and must be available during the majority of the US workday.
· Accountability- There are many deadlines and a lot of short-response time pressure from our company and clients. You will be expected to respond quickly and often.
· Ambition- This position may grow into a full time position
· Pride in high quality work that reflects on your personal and company reputation
· Client-first mentality so every decision is about what's best for the client
· Ability to work independently while also being dependable.
· Responsibility- Make final legal analysis decisions that trigger large payments
· Efficiency in prioritizing, delegating and handling a high volume of short tasks
· An ability to explain legal concepts to creatives and filmmakers
· Must absolutely be able to follow detailed directions
· Must be a proactive problem solver when not all of the information is available
· Strong analytical, organization, and critical thinking skills
· A high attention to confirming details and following up
· Ability to learn fast and take detailed notes to reference
· Patience when dealing with people who resist your requests
· Discretion when safeguarding confidential information and files
· Passion for a long term career in film/TV legal business affairs
· Plus: Familiarity with guild and union regulations (SAG-AFTRA, DGA and WGA)
This is a Great Fit if you Seek:
· An early to mid legal career part-time remote consultant position.
· Potential for a full time job and/or move into upper management
· Reliable income- Our key clients are major companies
· Opportunity- The right candidate may potentially join the executive team of a fast growing company rather than getting lost in the corporate ladder or struggle as a solo entrepreneur
· Small team = highly customized training and large personal impact on company
· Resume building clients and projects- High profile players and film/TV projects
· Networking with a high volume of filmmakers, entertainment lawyers, sales agents and distributors and developing professional relationships with them over time
· Small creative business culture- We are an ambitious and hardworking but relaxed, open and collaborative company. Almost all consultants are also creatives. A sense of humor and love of movies and TV will be welcome.
Not A Great Fit If:
· You can't work 3-5 hours every day, during US hours
· You can't respond to urgent client needs within 48 hours
· You need a full time job or currently have a full time job
· You are seeking a high-end attorney position, in-house job or law firm track
· You are pursuing a career other than in film/TV legal and business affairs
· You do not have a JD, or paralegal certificate or any film/TV document review experience
· You get impatient with people
We feel this is the perfect part time consulting job if this is the right fit for both of us.
Please send resume and cover letter describing why you are a qualified candidate for this job.