Film/TV Rights and Clearances Assistant
This was removed by the employer on 1/26/2023 5:43:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Film/TV Rights and Clearances Assistant jobs in Remote-US
Search all Film/TV Rights and Clearances Assistant postings
Part Time Job
Film/TV Rights and Clearances Assistant / Consultant (Remote)
The Job/The Company
An established film/TV business affairs consulting company is seeking an experienced legal delivery assistant to work closely with a manager supervisor, clients and 3rd parties. Will send onboarding emails to new business associates, collect legal documents, update status grids, manage large amounts of data, maintain databases and internal training resources. Company with clients ranging from large publicly traded companies to small up and coming distributors/sales agents.
Your Job Duties
· Handle a high volume of email correspondence daily with licensors, producers, filmmakers and sales agents throughout the entire document delivery process
· Organize voluminous amounts of digital documents in Dropbox, SharePoint, Google Drive, Asana and other data management software
· Constant updating of grids, reports and checklists
· Ability to follow procedures and checklists with dozens of steps without missing a step
· Track and hit deadlines for hundreds of projects at a time via internal and client tracking grids and systems.
· Coordinate between clients, prospective clients, and 3rd party vendors to keep everyone on the same page
· Simple contract review will required. Previously legal training preferred but not necessary.
· MUST have at least 2-4 years experience as a legal delivery assistant in the film/television industry at a law firm or in house legal department of a studio, distributor, or sales company
· A working knowledge of the film/television production, sales and distribution industry
· Mandatory: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Google Suite (Drive, Sheets, Docs), Dropbox, SharePoint, Box
· Plus: Asana, PowerPoint, Airtable
· For applicants based in CA (or jurisdictions with similar independent contractor laws) you must have, or form before engagement, a loan out company as an LLC or Corporation or go through a registered/licensed employment agency. No exceptions.
Ideal Candidate Will Bring:
· Consistency- This is an everyday position. (But not currently an all-day position)
· Availability- Must be available to work and reachable at least 4-5 hours a day between the hours of 9am - 6pm PST.
· Accountability- There are many deadlines and a lot of short-response time pressure from our company and clients. You will be expected to respond quickly and often.
· Coachable- Willing to ask questions to learn how to do a process right and not have to ask the same question multiple times
· Pride in high quality work that reflects on your personal and company reputation
· Client-first mentality so every decision is about what's best for the client
· Ability to work independently while also being dependable.
· An ability to explain simple legal concepts to creatives and filmmakers
· Must absolutely be able to follow detailed directions
· Must be a proactive problem solver when not all of the information is available
· Strong analytical, organization, and critical thinking skills
· A high attention to confirming details and following up
· Ability to learn fast and take detailed notes to reference
· Patience when dealing with people who resist your requests
· Discretion when safeguarding confidential information and files
· Passion for a long term career in film/TV legal business affairs
This is a Great Fit if you Seek:
· An early to mid legal career entertainment assistant position.
· Remote work
· Flexibility- This position requires at least 4-5 hours every day but is otherwise flexible
· Option for more work- Could be up to 5-8 hours a day with progression
· Reliable income- Our key clients are major companies that won't go out of business any time soon
· Opportunity- The right candidate may potentially join the executive team of a fast growing company rather than getting lost in the ladder of a huge corporation or struggle as a solo entrepreneur
· Small team = highly customized and ample training time plus the ability to make a suggestion or execute a plan and see it impact the entire company
· Resume building clients and projects- High profile known players large and small with celebrity talent and filmmakers
· Networking with a high volume of filmmakers, entertainment lawyers, sales agents and distributors and developing professional relationships with them over time
· Small creative business culture- We are an ambitious and hardworking but relaxed, open and collaborative company. Almost all consultants are also creatives. A sense of humor and love of movies and TV will be welcome.
Not A Great Fit If:
· You can't check emails every day at least 4-5 times a day
· You can't respond to urgent client needs the same day and most other questions within 24-48 hours
· You need a full time job
· You are overwhelmed with your current workload
· You are seeking a high-end attorney position
· You are pursuing a career other than in film/TV legal and business affairs
· You prefer the in-house full time corporate or law firm tracks
· You do not have any assistant or office experience
· You get impatient with people
We feel this is the perfect part time consulting job if this is the right fit for both of us.