Film Executive or Entertainment Lawyer
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Oscar winning production company is seeking a full time film executive or entertainment attorney to support the company with motion picture and television development, production, financing, distribution, sales and related agreements, working closely with senior legal and business executives in the U.S. and abroad, as well as outside counsel and third party producers. The role requires an individual who is motivated, has adaptable communication skills, has excellent judgment and an entrepreneurial personality. Having an in depth understanding of film finance is a requirement. The candidate must have at least 3 to 7 years relevant experience with an entertainment company or entertainment law firm. Does not have to be an attorney, but understanding of contracts is required.
1. Being able to locate project financing and/or find ways to bring projects to fruition is a major plus.
2. Drafting and negotiating contracts for development, production, acquisition, and distribution.
3. Reviewing and providing comments to third party agreements and contracts related to development, production and distribution and negotiating them to signature and dealing with all other legal issues that arise.
4. Managing rights on current projects/properties. Along with ability to handle acquisition of intellectual properties.
5. Overseeing merchandising deals and efforts.
6. Must understand motion picture budgets and film finance.
3 to 7 years relevant experience with entertainment company or entertainment law firm, preferably with theatrical motion picture production, finance and TV/SVOD experience.
Familiarity with major talent agencies and talent agents.
Knowledge of: contract law, U.S. copyright law, and legal issues specific to entertainment law and theatrical motion picture production, distribution and acquisition.
Ability to oversee merchandising efforts
Ability to manage company overhead is a plus
Must be organized and capable of tracking company's passive and residual income.
Must have excellent negotiating skills.
Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word.
Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) as well as proven ability to work with creative and corporate personnel.
Salary $150k to $200k with potential incentives upon success.
*The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online