Executive Vice President / General Manager
ConfidentialSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT/GENERAL MANAGER, OPERATIONS
GROWING FILM AND TV PRODUCTION COMPANY
SANTA MONICA BASED
As a seasoned and entrepreneurial General Manager you will oversee the operations of a growing EMMY ™ winning Santa-Monica based scripted Film and TV production company. You'll be hands-on in the management of operations, sales and finance functions of the business and integrally involved in the process of making content from concept to consumer.
Reporting into the c-suite, you'll be known as a strategic thinker with an established local network in the media and entertainment space. You'll have strong production and entertainment knowledge and proven experience in producing and delivering high quality scripted content to major Hollywood Studios and Networks .
You'll have extensive management acumen and be fully prepared to roll-up your sleeves and get stuck into the complexities of business growth, development funding, project sales, production management and the leadership of a young team.
- Management of day-to-day business operations including responsibility for developing annual overhead budgets, oversight of monthly P&Ls, balance sheets and cash-flow.
- Leading and managing a young team, including recruitment and performance management.
- Keeping c-suite fully informed of project status, company financials and human resources.
- Creating strong working relationships with existing investors, networks and distributors and becoming our central point of contact across all company projects.
- Aligning the organization to support strategic growth priorities
- Identifying new sales and exploitation opportunities for existing company IP.
- Working closely with external counsel and agents to negotiate and close film and TV project sales and development deals.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree; MBA or JD desirable
- 5+ years of experience in senior management for a dynamic motion picture/television/entertainment production company/studio.
- Strong experience managing all aspects of business operations, including financials, people management, performance, culture and strategy.
- Agile decision-making, ability to formulate a strong POV and adjust plans strategically in a rapidly changing environment.
- Extremely well-organized with excellent communication skills.
- Detailed knowledge of US entertainment media environment.
Gross salary of between US$180,000 and US$200,000