ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Summary of the Company and Position:
This finance and production company produces four films per year with A-List actors and is now also developing series. It is seeking an Executive Assistant to the CEO/Financier/Producer. The CEO is also a guest speaker at numerous universities. This opportunity provides an excellent learning experience for an individual with a strong interest in producing and developing entertainment content and also learn finance. Previous assistants have moved up in the company in the development, production, and operations departments. We strive to have long term employees that reach their goals and life purpose.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide daily executive and administrative support to the CEO
• The EA should think of no task as too small or too big and be ready to jump in to support the team
• Roll calls and manage incoming calls
• Be able to confidently and professionally interact with various executives, high-level personnel, agents, and managers.
• Coordinate domestic and foreign travel arrangements for the CEO, other executives in the company, and key production staff as necessary
• During production, the CEO is the main producer and therefore the EA is the assistant to the producer
• It is important for the EA to be able to anticipate the needs of the executives, confidently multi-task, and prioritize under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Handle executive needs as they arise
• Bachelor's degree required
• One year of work experience at an agency, studio, network, or production company
• Must have a valid passport because assistants may have to travel with the executives
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Sharepoint), Macintosh operating systems, and Google (drive, sheets, google documents)
• Strategic thinker and able to juggle multiple tasks at once
• Solid problem-solving skills
• Aptitude for managing heavy phone and email correspondence
• Ability to work across multiple time zones
• Superb organizational skills
• Detail oriented
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Has an understanding of the entertainment industry and desire to work in the independent film production industry.
• Must be a self-starter
Full Time Employment
Commensurate with experience
After 90 day trial period, the company offers health insurance.
West Hollywood, California
Regular office hours are Mon-Fri, 10am-7pm; but there are events and productions outside of these office hours.
Assistant might also accompany executives to production sets located in various states and countries, as well as international film markets (Cannes, Berlin, Toronto, etc).
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR APPLICATION:
Resume, cover letter
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Commensurate with experience. (Please note: this company has less than 15 employees)
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online