ConfidentialNew York, NY
Full Time Job
A documentary film and TV production company is looking for an Executive Assistant to support President of Company. The position supports a busy executive whose time is balanced between a robust active production slate, as well producing responsibilities. This dynamic and challenging role requires an assertive self-starter with exceptional attention to detail, excellent organization and project management skills, and effective written and verbal communication skills. An ideal candidate has a long-term interest in coordinating and producing documentary features; can simultaneously juggle the administrative duties of a busy desk; is adept to problem solving and acting as an assistant; and can evaluate the never-ending flow of material that comes through the production house.
The ideal candidate is tenacious, inspired by making great content, an avid reader, and can handle high pressure situations. This position is a challenging one with great opportunity and success but the road to that point is filled with long, grinding hours and deep pride in making exciting content.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintaining an organized and structured approach to work and responsibilities in order to prioritize conflicting needs, proactively and timely handle all matters, and apply appropriate follow-through to ensure successful completion of tasks and projects.
• Manage calendar of appointments, meetings, teleconferences and events, and handle logistics of meetings as needed.
• Schedule and coordinate travel arrangements, including all logistics (lodging, itineraries, agendas, locations, transportation), compile travel-related documents, and maintain accurate travel reports and logs in compliance with various regulatory requirements.
• Read and review submitted and found materials, providing coverage and feedback to Producer for potential projects and partnerships.
• Demonstrate high level of professionalism and confidentiality to handle extremely sensitive and/or proprietary information.
• Attend designated meetings and take notes to be shared with both President and attendees
• Work closely with Executive and Development team, as well as all Company Department heads
• Liaise internally and externally as necessary with all levels of personnel, clients and business associates with heavy emphasis on networks and agencies.
Education and Work Experience:
• At least one year's experience in the entertainment industry is required.
• Experience writing coverage strongly desired
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Strong skills in organization and multi-tasking
• Maintains confidentiality
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong proofreading and editing skills
• Strong research skills
• Must have professional phone etiquette, experience rolling calls
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Keynote, Google Apps and Final Draft
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, or other protected characteristics, and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, when and as required by law.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online