ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Post Production Systems Engineer
This role provides front-line support for our operations in a full-service Post Production facility, at a Major Motion Picture Studio. As a Post Production systems Engineer, you will be responsible for technical support, maintenance, upgrades, and deployment of Post Production technology systems.
The primary focus is supporting Color Mastering operations, with crossover support responsibilities for picture editorial, sound services, and encoding operations.
This role requires Union membership in the Motion Picture Editors Guild, IATSE local 700. It is a Y-4 Engineer classification.
This is a full time, long-term role, and requires reporting to work on premises Monday - Friday, with occasional overtime needed.
• Support Baselight & Resolve color correctors, and Colorfront Transkoder for encoding. Includes end user software support, as well as troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
• Display calibration and setup for HDR & SDR, in various color spaces & standards. Including mastering grade reference monitors (i.e. Sony X300) and projectors (Barco & Christie), as well as computer monitors and consumer grade displays.
• Support SAN and NAS storage systems, specifically Quantum StorNext and Avid Nexis Enterprise.
• Troubleshoot and maintain all professional AV hardware found in a Post facility, such as audio monitoring systems 5.1/7.1/ATMOS, Waveform/Vectorscopes for audio/video test & measurement, AV routing infrastructure, KVM systems.
• Additionally support Avid Media Composer & Adobe Premiere based editing systems, Pro Tools mix systems, Telestream Vantage, and VTRs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Advanced level knowledge of MacOS, Linux & Windows operating systems.
• Experience and knowledge of major post production software/hardware systems, especially Baselight, Resolve, Transkoder, Avid & Adobe.
• Experience deploying and maintainting SAN & NAS storage systems and infrastructure. Especially Quantum StorNext, Brocade Fiber Channel switch infrastructure, as well as Cisco Ethernet switch infrastructure, and Avid Nexis NAS.
• Understanding of color mastering workflow, basic color science, and display calibration.
• Knowledge of computer networks, including networking fundamentals, network design and security.
• Troubleshooting of complex audio/video systems, with a thorough understanding of signal flow.
• Linux systems administration and basic shell scripting.
• 3 - 5 years work experience providing technical support in a professional post production facility.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Digital Cinema systems, equipment and security.
• Knowledge of cloud storage and compute systems.
• Virtualization platforms (VMware ESXi, Virtualbox, Nutanix).
• Cisco switch configuration (CLI) and experience with firewalls.
• Knowledge of various transcoding and encoding systems (i.e. FFMPEG, Vantage, Media Encoder).
• Degree in Computer Science or IT, or other educational experience or training programs in related disciplines.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online