Director of Unscripted Development
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/13/2023 7:56:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Search for Director of Unscripted Development jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Director of Unscripted Development postings
Full Time Job
An award-winning producer of premium non-fiction and unscripted content is looking for a Director of Development.
The Director of Development will be responsible for overseeing the development of unscripted programming from concept to delivery. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, a strong researcher and writer, and a collaborative team player with a proven track record of originating, developing and pitching successful unscripted projects across a range of genres and formats, from formats and character-driven docuseries to true crime, for streamers and broadcast platforms. Deep knowledge of pop culture a must. The Director of Development will work closely with the senior management to generate new concepts, pitch ideas to networks and platforms, and manage the development process from start to finish.
This position is currently hybrid/work from home + office but will transition to full-time office in 2024.
• Originate, identify and develop new unscripted concepts and projects across a range of genres and formats for broadcast and streamers.
• Take multiple ideas at a time from concept to pitch.
• Prepare written pitch materials including copy and design of pitch decks.
• Produce development sizzles and casting tapes.
• Oversee development shoots and casting interviews (going on location to help produce and support field production, as needed).
• Pitch concepts and projects to networks executives.
• Help oversee prep, staffing, production, and post of paid development.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with networks, talent, and production partners.
• Stay up-to-date with industry trends and developments and use that knowledge to inform the development process.
• Outreach to individuals, entities, agencies, celebrity reps to explore ideas.
• Help identify and manage development and current interns.
• 5+ years of experience in unscripted television development, with a proven track record of originating, identifying and developing successful projects across a range of genres and formats.
• Experience at the manager or director level in active development at an established production company.
• Strong relationships with networks, platforms, and production partners.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Deep knowledge of the television industry and current trends and developments.
• Ability to think creatively and outside the box to develop innovative concepts and projects.
• Proficient in MS applications including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
• Canva and Photoshop/design experience.