Director of Finance
Full Time Job
seeking a financial director to oversee financial management in a high-growth environment across film, television, media, VC and startup industries i.e accounting, financial analysis (including forecasting, financial modeling, long-range planning and reporting). We're looking for a proven leader with both strategic and operating strength, who will take charge, execute the day to day functions and build best in class finance. The ideal candidate is a builder, an operator, and a strategic partner to company leadership, and must be willing to be both hands-on and also to delegate across all aspects of a media company, putting processes, systems, controls, and reporting in place at an early stage to support our growth
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of the organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts, collaborating with senior management to set KPIs, identify opportunities, and mitigate risk across our Film, TV, and Venture Capital Investment arms.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization
- Experience with modeling, projections and distribution analysis for a film fund
- Communicate, engage and interact with Executive Leadership Team, and all other stakeholders
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company's plan for growth and expansion
- Play key role in developing the company's corporate structure related to media acquisition, global expansion, and growth
- Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare, present and oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management including full year forecast, budget and mid-range planning
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial statements
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, new launches and expansions.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area
- Explore film, TV, and media investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks (working with our in-house media sales agent)
- Utilize forward-looking models and data driven analyses to provide financial insight into the organization's plans and operating budgets Financial Relations and Policies
- Work together with legal, compliance, tax groups, CPA in order to remain current on audit best practices, tax and any local regulations Cash Management
- Oversee weekly cash management and AP Department, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs
- Supervise Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process
- Oversee Payroll
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent in the body of the email.
Do not send as an attachment. Apply Online