Director of Development
ConfidentialNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Academy Award-winning production company is seeking a Director of Development to oversee project development across features, series, and more. We have a large slate of film/TV series at various stages of development and pre-production. This person will manage the slate while bringing in new ideas and maintaining relationships with directors and producers. The role will cover scripted projects as well, although the focus remains on non-fiction. This position is based out of our offices in Manhattan, NY.
- Manage the creation and delivery of high-quality development materials including pitch decks, sizzles, and scripts
- Serve as the keeper of all information, continuously tracking projects through all phases of development and maintaining the company slate
- Provide notes and creative input on all incoming submissions
- Actively source and generate new project ideas, both original as well as with external producers and directors
- Collaborate with the production team on development shoots
- Interact and partner with talent and executives across the industry
- 4-6 years in documentary feature and series development
- Strong research and writing skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team-oriented mindset
- Foundational knowledge of the documentary space and relationships within the community
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online