Director of Business Affairs & Planning
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Director of Business Affairs & Planning jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Director of Business Affairs & Planning postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director of Business Affairs & Planning? PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Director of Business Affairs handles and oversees all business matters pertaining to the acquisition, development and production, including the structuring, negotiation and documentation of all deals, and creating our business model.
• Conduct research on markets, trends, platforms and competitors, and identify business opportunities with growth potential, including but not limited to partnerships and investments, channel/platform launches, digital media, IP acquisitions, etc.
• Develop business plans to include strategic action plan and financial modeling; prepare cohesive and concise investment/budget memos, monthly reports and presentations for senior management team.
• Handle all business matters pertaining to acquisition, development and production, including the structuring, negotiation and documentation of all deals and rights.
• Providing advice, and counsel to senior management on business and commercial matters, e.g. structure of deals such as license fee deals, co-production deals, government funding opportunities, acquisition of underlying rights, agreements with producers, directors, writers and other individuals and entities associated with the development and production of original programming, financing and distribution arrangements.
• Review and confirmation of production budgets to ensure compliance with general business policies and terms of particular agreements.
• Minimum 6 years in film television/ streaming / studio / production business affairs or comparable role.
• Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field
• Exceptional negotiating skills, first class communication skills (written and verbal), and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to work independently, proactively and reliably under tight timeframes
• Ability to understand complex contracts, financial skills, and experience managing budgets.
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment. Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Candidates must have experience in working with management at a senior level
• Contribute positively as a collaborative member of a team, with a strong commitment to learning and excellence.
• Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects in a fast-paced environment with a keen attention to detail.
• Familiarity with content commissioning/production/streaming deals strongly preferred.