Coordinator, Business/Legal Affairs and Accounting
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Experience in drafting various agreements, working closely with negotiators and business/legal affairs and accounting department to ensure consistency with company policies and practices, and managing agreements. The successful candidate is a team player with strong organization skills, the ability to work independently, meet numerous deadlines and recognize and support the needs of the department, as well as being a detail-oriented person with excellent written and verbal communication skills. The successful candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, including senior level executives, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a sense of composure and interacting well with all levels of the organization. The successful candidate must be able to work quickly and accurately, assess priorities and have a strong attention to detail.
• Proactively review and evaluate the contractual obligations of agreements and deal memos.
• Draft and prepare contract deal summaries.
• Maintain, update and oversee all corporate governance and requests from parent company(ies).
• Draft development and/or production agreements (including amendments) from negotiator notes.
• Manage forms, Riders, Back-End Definitions with changing language as provided through discussions with the BA department and/or the legal department.
• Respond to inside calls/emails from attorneys and other executives and production personnel looking for guidance to solve that department's current issue(s) (whether it be a language issue or a form issue).
• Oversee each stage of the contract process with a focus on proactive communication with negotiator and legal.
• Facilitate any deal interpretation questions.
• Ensure compliance with contracts with direction from negotiator/legal and company policies and procedures.
• Research and provide analysis regarding a variety of production and company related matters.
• Respond to inquiries; raise and escalate legal issues as necessary.
• Perform special tasks, research and assignments as required.
• Manage calendars, expense reports, filings, status grids and trackers.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in the entertainment industry (preferably in television with experience in Business/Legal Affairs).
• Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Detailed oriented, with accurate input and strong proofreading skills.
• Excellent written, verbal, analytical and organizational skills.
• Self-starter with an excellent work ethic and commitment to professionalism
• Work effectively in a team-oriented, fast-paced, demanding environment while effectively managing deadlines.
• Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and devise constructive solutions and strategies.
• Willingness to tackle matters outside areas of expertise.
• Must have superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize workload efficiently and effectively.
• Critical to have a good, positive demeanor and be able to communicate clearly with internal and external parties.
*Confidential Company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent in the body of the email.
Do not send as an attachment. Apply Online