Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs
ConfidentialSanta Monica, CA
Part Time Job
PART-TIME (Potentially move to full-time) BUSINESS AFFAIRS COORDINATOR
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have a minimum of two years of experience in the entertainment industry as a legal assistant at a production company or law firm. Must be a team player with an enthusiastic can-do attitude.
JOB SUMMARY: Handle all contract administration responsibilities in connection with development, production, and financing of motion pictures, podcasts and television productions.
• Manage schedule, appointments and meetings.
• Maintain files and document management system.
• Maintain internal status reports (including option calendars, production legal checklists, business affairs status reports, etc.).
• Draft main title credits, paid ad obligations and other important memoranda for delivery to distributors;
• Act as liaison with production personnel to ensure location spreadsheet, end title credits, etc. are timely prepared and review same to ensure accuracy.
• Conduct legal research.
• Prepare and file copyright, assignments, and other documents with the USCO and applicable governing authority.
• Handle Option Extension letters, NOTWC, Script Pub. Fee (including preparing check req's and cover letters and act as liaison with accounting to insure timely payments of options etc.).
• Review marketing materials to ensure compliance with contractual billing, block credits and likeness requirements.
• Draft overview memos, development deal memos, and other memos as needed.
• Assist members of the team with administrative tasks and other general office duties as needed.
• Experienced in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Internet research
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Self-starter with ability to juggle multiple, constantly changing, high-priority tasks
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• Discretion and focus are must-haves in this role.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online