ConfidentialStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
This is a ''roll-your-sleeves-up'' position. Must be able to take ownership of the companies' general ledgers. This encompasses reconciling general ledger accounts and creating relevant accurate and timely financial and operational reports. Ownership also encompasses constantly developing new and better ways to handle our companies accounting and reporting needs. We are a fun company that works hard and plays hard. Prior entertainment industry experience is a plus.
• Reconcile bank, credit card and balance sheet accounts accurately and timely
• Monthly Close for 2 companies maintaining a 15 day close schedule
• Book monthly journal entries as required
• Maintain detailed depreciation schedules reconciled to QB and governmental agencies
• Develop and maintain an online electronic filing system.
• Provide information, as required to banks and regulatory agencies on a timely basis
• Provide information, as requested by members of the executive committee to third parties such as, but not limited to investors.
• Work with outside accounting firm on tax returns
• Ability to create cash flow statements and projections.
• Develop monthly and annual budgets using QuickBooks
• Work with CFO to develop ad hoc reports and analysis using QuickBooks and Excel
• Exposure to FileMaker Pro, a plus
• Work with various taxing authorities (IRS, LA County, Franchise Tax Board, LA City), insurance companies etc. Create analysis and other information as requested. Make sure we are in compliance with Local, County, State, Federal and other regulatory authorities.
• Work with potential lenders regarding equipment financing, including creating analysis as requested.
• Maintain the integrity of our QuickBooks general ledgers at all times
• You will need a strong accounting background. This is a full controller position.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with Excel. Work comfortably with formulas, pivot tables and vlookups.
• Minimum B.A. Degree in accounting, extensive experience can be substituted for education
• Extensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• 2 years of previous experience at the Controller level
• 4 years of senior level full-cycle accounting experience
• Strong organizational Skills
• Strong integrity and accountability
• 3 years of QB Enterprise experience
• Ability to handle pressure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• On time and goal oriented
• Be able to work in a casual-high energy environment.
• It is super important to be a team player
• Be able to work independently, take initiative
• Reports directly to the Management Committee.
• This position also supports the financial and operational information needs of the President, CEO and Head of Personnel.
• This can be a full-time or part-time position depending on the final candidate
• This is not a telecommute position. All of your work is done in the office.
$80,00.00 annually plus benefits.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online