ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
Composer Assistant wanted
Award-winning composer and producer is looking for an assistant to work with him at his studio in Los Angeles.
The role will initially be part-time independent contractor, likely progressing to a full-time commitment.
It's a dual role split equally between personal assistant and technical / musical assistant responsibilities.
Personal Assistant Responsibilities:
• Liaise with Composer mgmt on project schedules and deadlines.
• Liaise with Composer business + legal team for payment of musicians, signature of any agreements & mailing of documents.
• Run errands as / when needed
• Ordering food, drinks, supplies as needed.
• In charge of hospitality and taking care of visiting guests, clients, collaborators & executives.
• Making sure Composer studio is clean, presentable and professional at all times.
• Light property management. Interfacing with contractors, tradesmen as when needed.
• Preparing travel itineraries.
Technical / Musical Responsibilities:
• Maintain equipment and studio systems, engage with tech engineers, tech support, pro audio companies and acousticians as needed.
• Maintain file system, libraries and schedule backups of all files /drives.
• Make sure the studio is properly setup and configured for any scheduled sessions.
• Assistant engineer / Pro Tools operator for any projects as needed.
• Prepping sessions, comping/tuning vocals, editing sessions, printing stems.
• QC'ing files: triple-checking mixes, masters and any deliverables prior to sending out to clients.
• Generate, QC and submit cue sheets
• Organize and submit musician, engineering, technical credits for any release, film etc.
• Additional arranging work / composing as needed
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online