Clearance Supervisor, Rights and Deliverables
ConfidentialNorth Hollywood, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Clearance Supervisor, Rights and Deliverables jobs in North Hollywood-CA
Title: Clearance Supervisor, Rights and Deliverables
Department: Rights and Deliverables
Direct Supervisor: Director(s) of Rights and Deliverables
General Summary: This position supports the Production and Post-Production Departments of the Company. The Clearance Supervisor of Rights and Deliverables is responsible for providing clearance notes for assigned series to offline and online personnel to help ensure episodes air without potential lawsuits and meet Network requirements. The Clearance Supervisor also completes and organizes deliverables for final payment from the network.
• Reviews cuts (rough, fine, picture lock, locked cut) as well as promo, digital and other supplemental materials to ensure they are cleared for broadcast.
• Collaborates and corresponds with Production, Post Production, Online, Legal Departments and Network to follow internal workflows and procedures.
• Ensures network standards and clearance requirements are met regarding profanity, blurs, artwork, music and footage.
• Creates clearance notes, blur lists and beeps lists.
• Tracks missing/outstanding releases for individual episodes.
• Sends show-specific legal inquiries to the production attorneys regarding questionable content.
• Creates credit lists and seeks approval from various departments.
• Organizes deliverables and uploads documents to network portals by deadline, including network specific logs such as appearance/location release logs and acquired footage grids.
• Obtains and clears production stills and delivers them to the network.
• Assists other members of the department with overflow as needed.
• Archives department deliverables within the department internal server system.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Requires excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Must be able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• Requires heavy correspondence with office and field producers, post and online departments, legal department and some network personnel.
• Must be comfortable working in an environment where show schedules change often.
• Must be able to work closely both with Director(s) of Rights and Deliverables, other Clearance Supervisors, and independently.
• Bachelor's degree is preferred.
• Must have at least 2 years of clearance experience.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Must be comfortable with online Google documents and Box organizational systems.
• Must be comfortable with the Macintosh Operating Systems.
• Sedentary role that may involve the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
• Able to engage in light lifting of no more than 10-20 pounds unassisted.
• Able to closely and visually review small details on monitors or screens for the duration of their shift.
• The Clearance Supervisor works in a very busy environment and is in constant contact with multiple departments.
• This position requires no travel.
• This position does not require the use of a company or personal vehicle for work related tasks.