Business Affairs Assistant
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
A major talent agency with offices in Los Angeles, New York and the UK is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill an executive assistant role in support of the Business Affairs department in our Los Angeles office.
This position requires initiative while learning on the job. Interest in law and business affairs is essential.
Strong attention to detail, excellent phone and communication skills, adept multi-tasking and versatility are invaluable in this role. A passion for the talent agency world is also key.
The Executive Assistant to Business Affairs role is a crucial position which requires an individual to work well within a team and be prepared for a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment. This individual is expected to be proactive, show resourcefulness, exhibit accountability, and understand their role well enough to work independently and as part of the team.
• Schedule meetings and calls, internally and externally
• Take notes in meetings and circulate information to the greater team
• Update logs and maintain legal files
• Creating presentations and documents using Microsoft Office and Excel, as well as Adobe Pro DC
• Track and coordinate deal negotiations
• Prepare and coordinate the execution of documents (e.g. DocuSign, scanning and photocopying) and manage the distribution of documents internally and externally
• Act as a liaison between Business Affairs and other divisions/departments
• Various ad hoc projects, as needed
Key Qualifications and Skills:
• BA/BS Degrees
• 0-3 years as an assistant within Business Affairs, Legal Affairs, or other related areas/departments of a talent agency and/or firm, and/or televisions/film studio, network, and/or production company
• Entertainment-specific experience
• Effective Verbal and Written Communication skills
• Teamwork and Team Building experience
• Demonstrated Attention to Detail
• Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency (including experience generating reports)
• Accountability and Discretion
Other Considered Qualifications:
• Paralegal work and/or certificate
Employment Type: • Full-time Benefits: • Medical, Dental and Vision • FSA & HSA • 401(k)
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online