ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
LA-based sports agency is looking for a part-time bookkeeper. While we currently have a full-service corporate accounting firm on retainer, we are looking for someone who can go above and beyond to provide us with highly detailed reports and assist in other ways (i.e. expense reports, invoice management, basic bank functions, etc.).
This role will start immediately for approximately 12-15 hours per month. The role can be done on a fully remote basis through February 2021, at which point we will reevaluate our ability to work from our offices. In the event we do go back into the office, we would only require you to come in for 25% of the time (likely one day per month) but this is negotiable, especially if the candidate does an excellent job while we are fully remote.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Interface with our corporate accountants to build a standalone set of books in QuickBooks, with the idea of generating monthly, quarterly and annual reports based on different divisions, agents, clients, etc.
• Understand the account and company setup steps and maintain a general knowledge of the major areas of the QuickBooks application.
• Export periodic backups of the QuickBooks company data.
• Create and maintain vendor records, including contact information, payment terms, and any other information required.
• Create and maintain client records including contact, delivery, and payment information.
• Customize the company invoice form and other forms.
• Invoice clients. Upon approval, distribute invoices to clients via email or mail.
• Manage bills received from vendors.
• Record bank transactions as needed. Download bank transactions into bank accounts.
• Customize reports to include account balances, profit and loss figures, and transactional reports.
• Work with CPA as requested.
• Understand the capabilities of each level of QuickBooks.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
• Excellent knowledge of QuickBooks, Excel, and Expensify. Work fluently with Microsoft Office, email, browsers, Windows operating systems, and PCs.
• Knowledge of Tableau, SAP, or Google Analytics preferred but not required.
• Ability and knack for working with numerical data. Attention to detail. Accurate.
• Knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping is preferred but not required.
• Knowledge of business and accounting terms.
• Ability to effectively manage time, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Flexible and adaptable to change.
• Two-year community college business degree with bookkeeping or accounting courses required.
Please know, this is a rapidly growing company, so there is potentially room for growth for the right candidate.
Compensation is DOE.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online