BD-J Jr. Programmer / Software Engineer
Full Time Job
Primary function will be to develop Blu-ray content by programming Interactive Menus, Disc functionality and navigation using programming language JAVA (BD-Java based on J2ME) and Authoring Applications.
• Authoring of Java based Blu-ray titles and shipping assigned titles on time to client's specifications.
• Develop tools for internal usage.
• Work alongside the title manager providing advice and guidance on the technical feasibility of customer requested interactive.
• Troubleshoot programming logic issues as well as player compatibility issues.
• 2+ years of closely related experience in Java development.
• Direct experience in Object programming, game development or animations.
• Graphical user interface implementation experience.
• Strong programming experience and skill in XML and Java.
• Experience working in an authoring environment (BD, DVD) with authoring tool (Scenarist, Blu-print) and understanding of physical media formats is a plus.
We are a digital distribution and technologies expert for the entertainment industry. We service many of Hollywood's largest studios as well as smaller independent studios. Thousands of titles have been delivered to over 100 different VOD and broadcast platforms including iTunes, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Google Play. In addition to our digital VOD offerings, we are also experts in UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray, and DVD compression and authoring.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online