Avid Support Technician
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are a post-production services company located in Los Angeles. We seek a skilled and experienced Avid technician to work with our existing Avid team as a Avid Support Technician
The Avid Support Tech is responsible for installing and maintaining all company post production equipment for our customers. The Avid Support Technician provides leadership to the Avid team, determines the daily schedule, sets priorities, and supports on job sites when required. The Senior Avid Tech is the primary phone contact for all support needs and both undertakes support calls and assigns support calls to Avid Technicians.
• Participate in the acquisition, assembly and integration of all systems and equipment on-site when scheduled to do so by management.
• Work with team members to guarantee customer satisfaction in line with the company reputation for excellence.
• Provide non-commissioned leadership, mentorship and instruction to Technicians when appropriate or as assigned.
• Oversee and provide leadership to staff during the installation in order to provide timely and efficient installations.
• Keep up to date with the changes and improvements to all versions and upgrades of key equipment and software.
• Keep up to date on the latest innovations in work flow management as it relates to the post production non-linear editorial space, and other services when appropriate.
• Forward inquires or requests for additional technical support or equipment rental to the scheduling and or account management department.
• Understand the basic concepts of electrical and video wiring, and participate in wiring projects when possible.
• Understand basic I.T. concepts as they relate to workstation function, connectivity, networking and communications.
• Understand the basic concepts for audio and visual production with an emphasis on the post production non-linear editorial space.
• Properly file technical operations reports for every on-site visit, when you are assigned as the primary technician on the job, or if you complete a solo task in the field.
• Receive technical training when required and/or requested.
• Assure quality, completeness and working order of all equipment installed or maintained by the Company.
• Provide field service and equipment maintenance equipment upon request ensuring all quality standards are met.
• Provide management with updates on arrival, departure as well as report issues while on site with the client.
• Be available for overtime, evening or weekend work as business demands.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Strong electronics and audio visual and broadcast equipment background.
• Strong Time Management Skills
• Have familiarity in Broadcast and Post Production Technology
• Have excellent follow-through & client rapport
• Have strong problem-solving skills
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online