Avid Support Technician
ConfidentialCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Job Overview: The Avid Post Production Support Technician is responsible for providing day-to-day technical and operational support of an active editorial facility. Organized, professional and customer-service focused, this person is flexible, responsive, and team-oriented. Should be hands-on, a good problem solver, and exhibit a proactive and transparent style. This role requires a combination of technical know-how and professional demeanor.
Job Responsibilities: Essential functions of the job are denoted below. Other duties may also be assigned.
• Support, maintain & troubleshoot:
• Avid Nexus storage systems
• Avid Media Composer Software
• Avid IO / BlackMagic IO Hardware
• Various VFX plugins (Boris FX, Sapphire)
• Apple Macintosh computer hardware
• 10Gb Network infrastructures
• ZFS/SMB NAS storage pools
• Work with technical leadership to review, modify or enhance organizational workflow
Minimum Qualifications: The following are the minimum qualifications that an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
• 3+ Years experience in a post-production technical support capacity
• ACSR Certification (Past or present)
Preferred Skills: The following are skills that would set an applicant apart from the rest, but are not required.
• Dell FTOS / Cisco IOS
• Unix / Linux CLI
• Aspera Faspex / Signiant MediaShuttle
• Avid Media Management (MSM/MDB)
• PL / Intercom system maintenance
• Various VTRs (XDCam, HDCam, DVCam, etc)
• Color calibrated displays
• Video signal processors & converters (Frame Rate, Up/Down/Cross)
• Video signal routers and patch panels
• Broadcast Network Media Deliverables
• Media Transcoding / Encoding
To be considered, please include the following text in the body of the submission or cover letter:
Example: I'm writing to apply for the Post Production Support Technician opportunity - Keyword: Demeter Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online