Attorney - Business & Legal Affairs
Confidential Via Staffing FirmWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
- This position will work primarily in legal affairs, with some overlap in business affairs as well.
- Will negotiate/structure deals, draft correspondence, and create agreements in diverse business contexts.
- This is a pivotal role on the business and legal affairs team.
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Thorough knowledge of basic business practices and excellent judgment.
- Proficiency in writing and tracking progress of contracts from Negotiations to Final Signature.
- A self-starting discipline with ability to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and reliably thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Negotiate arrangements related to development with talent, studios, and domestic/international production companies, development and production of digital imagery, films, and themed entertainment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead negotiations with agencies, studios, and other industry partners.
- Thorough knowledge of standards and precedents for WGA agreements, SAG agreements, and agreements of other major entertainment guilds.
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships at major talent agencies, high level firms, financial partners, production companies, and other beneficial industry contacts.
REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Experience working with accountants and producers to structure agreements for a variety of content.
- Entertainment attorney practicing at a law firm or in-house, with prior and long-standing relationships with agents, talent, producers, and networks.
- Juris Doctor Degree and member of California Bar (in good standing).
- Agency and/or studio experience highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, drafting, analytical, and organizational skills, and ability to meet deadlines in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time wisely and prioritize effectively between multiple people and conflicting priorities.
- Understanding of basic employment law related to issues of production, Intellectual Property, risk management, and rights of publicity and privacy.
- The ideal candidate will have a flexible and collaborative nature, and is comfortable working in a team environment.
- Understanding of tax incentives is a plus.
- Knowledge of Canadian laws is a plus.
- Previous experience in an entrepreneurial business setting is a plus.
- This role will require occasional early morning or evening calls, and will regularly work with clients overseas during contract negotiations.
$130K+ DOE & Great Benefits
We are a staffing agency posting for clients that would like to remain confidential.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online