ConfidentialBeverly Hills, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Associate Attorney jobs in Beverly Hills-CA
Search all Associate Attorney postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Attorney? Top transactional entertainment law firm based in Beverly Hills seeks an associate attorney. This position will be primarily responsible for negotiating deals, reviewing and drafting agreements, and counseling clients with respect to non-scripted television and new media projects in development and production. This position offers an opportunity for professional growth and exposure to high-level clients and transactions in a friendly, but focused, environment.
Superior academic credentials and admission to the California Bar are required. The successful candidate will also have the following background and skills:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience at an established entertainment law firm and/or business and legal affairs department at a network, studio, or television production company, including at least 2 years of solid non-scripted production legal experience.
- Strong experience and comfort level with the negotiation of non-scripted development and production services deals and long-form agreements for non-scripted television.
- Knowledge of production-related agreements for non-scripted television and new media, such as on-camera talent and participant agreements, executive producer agreements, location agreements, appearance releases, materials releases, vendor agreements, trade-out agreements, music license agreements, etc.
- Some interaction with the guilds may be required; working knowledge of collective bargaining agreements is preferred.
- Strong understanding of intellectual property and privacy matters, and experience advising clients on potential liability in a television production context.
- Excellent contract drafting, review and negotiation skills.
- Business-oriented mindset focused on strategic thinking and creative solutions to new and complex issues.
- Possess excellent organizational, prioritizing and time management skills in order to operate effectively in a high-volume environment
- Established relationships with other talent representatives and business and legal affairs executives at studios and networks are a plus.